Playing Hard To Get

Start from the beginning

"No parties?" He asks.

"Nope." I answer.

He stares at me and I give him a confused look. He starts to stutter qith this question...

"No...no...boy...boy friend?" He asks.

"N...n...no." I say mocking his stuttering tone.

He rolls his eyes then proceeds to laugh.

"Don't you make fun of me." He laughs.

"It's hard not to when you asked the other two questions just fine but that last one you were really struggling." I smirk.

Michael laughs. He goes and takes a shot at the game.

 He goes and takes a shot at the game

He turns to look at me.

"Your turn." He says.

"Oh no. Don't shut me out. Tell me why you were having speech problems just now." I say.

Michael sighs, he places his stick on the table. He walks up to me and holds my hands in his. He looks up at me.

"I stuttered because I was afraid of the answer." He admits.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because...I wouldn't of handled it if you had said yes." He looks down at his feet.

I put my finger under his chin and lift his face to make him look at me. This is all overwhelming to me...

"What are you saying, Michael?" I ask.

"I love you, Johanna. Not like the friendly love how we say we do all the time...I'm in love with you. I have been for a long time. I was just too afraid to say anything until now." He whispers.

I look into those chocolate brown eyes of his and see pure love and affection. The love is genuine, I'm shocked to learn he's been feeling this way for a long time now. I don't know what to say...

"You've been very quiet for awhile now, it's unsettling." Michael speaks up.

"It's alot to process." I say.

"You don't feel the same way..." He sighs.

"No I do." I admit.

His eyes lit up and he smiles, flashing those gorgeous pearly whites.

"So?" He asks.

"So...we need to think about this. What if this doesn't work out? Then our years and years of friendship will just go out the window. What about the media?" I question.

"We can work on that. I'm willing to make this work, I have a great feeling about us." Michael responds, lightly squeezing my hands.

I sigh, my heart starts pounding. I look up into his big brown puppy dog eyes. I'm always known to just fall into relationships and fall under other peoples spells...

"I need time to think about this..." I say.

"You're still coming to my awards show tonight, right?" He asks.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it." I smile.

Michael smiles back and pulls me in for a hug. We share a lovely warm embrace that lasted a few minutes, I left Neverland to go home and soak in my thoughts before getting ready for his awards night. I arrived at the Auditorium and I couldn't find him before getting seated. He was backstage preparing for his speech.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome...Michael Jackson." The announcer says.

Michael walks out with that big shy smile. I couldn't help but smile and giggle at his shyness.

"Thank you." Michael starts off.

He starts thanking everyone he wanted to thank for his award then he goes quiet...like he's gone off script. I furrow my brows.

"Is Johanna here?" He asks, looking around for me.

I blush and just look at him, he makes eye contact with me and smiles

"There you are. I knew I'd find you, you are the one I wanted to thank individually. I don't know where I would be without you, I wouldn't be here without you...I wouldn't even be who I am if it wasn't for you. You've made me a better man and for that I will be forever grateful. So thank you. You are the love of my life, I know you think this might not work between us but I do. And I will fight until you realise that. I know what you're thinking...you're probably scolding me in your head for sayong this to thousands of people but I don't care. I want everyonr to know how much I love you." Michael says.

Everyone in the audience gets up and starts clapping and cheering

Everyone in the audience gets up and starts clapping and cheering. I stand up and just stare and smile at the man on stage. Michael slowly makes his way off stage, he walks over to me and gently cups my face in his soft hands. He presses his lips to mine, a huge burts of energy and electricity surge through my being. Our lips moving in a perfect rhythm, my hands placed on his slim waist. The cheers and claps and 'Aww's' of the crowd in the background. Not caring who's watching, all that mattered was me and him.

Moments later we pull apart, we both look into each other's eyes. Michael's cheeks turning red, I giggle at his shyness.

"Now will you be my girl?" Michael asks.

"Hmm I dunno." I say in a sarcastic tone.

Michael's face drops.

"I'm joking! Of course!" I chuckle.

Michael grins and picks me up, spinning me around as he places another loving kiss on my lips.