Chapter 1 : Jeon Jungkook

"Get up get up get up," he teased as he nudged me with his foot.

I groaned and pulled my bed sheets over my face smacking his thigh as hard as I could as he crouched over. He bent down so his face was leveled with mine and chuckled.

"I honestly don't understand how somebody can sleep for this long without needing to wake up to pee or something."

He yanked my blanket down with force but also with grace, to make sure he didn't accidentally scratch my face.

"Kookie... please. Not now!" I whined keeping my eyes glued shut. I completely forgot about the fact that my hand was still placed upon his thigh until he gently rested his ontop of mine. For a moment I swear time had stopped. The warmth I felt was unexplainable and I suddenly felt the feeling of safety. After what felt like a million years, I finally opened my eyes and saw his face in front of my own, and smiled, gazing into his gorgeous deep brown eyes.

"Alright. Now that you're finally up, let's go pick up Jisoo. We're gonna be late and you know how much she hates that."

I nodded and reluctantly dragged myself out of bed. I looked face to face at myself in the mirror and moaned. I stared at myself hard. All of me. All 170 centimetres of me.

"Kookie. You know I can't leave the house like this. I'm an actual mess.. look at me! I look disgusting." I looked harder at myself in the mirror. My favourite pair of fluffy socks I got from him as a gift last winter, my panda house slippers, my black checkered pyjama pants, my black nike sports bra, and my long blonde hair poking out in every direction. I looked like a train wreck and we both knew it.

"Hey, no. Stop beating yourself yourself up, Lees. You look beautiful today. I just hope one day you'll learn to understand that as much as the rest of the world does."

I sighed as I made eye contact with him through the mirror and couldn't help but smile as I looked at his goofy grin.

I turned back around to face him and asked, "Well what about girls like Jennie?"

"Jennie Kim?" he questioned.

"Yeah."

"Well what about her?"

"She's beautiful.." I trailed off looking down at my panda slippers too afraid to hear his reply.

"True." He replied as if it were nothing. My heart stung a bit as he said that, but before I could stay anything he quickly continued on. "She definitely is, but nothing compared to you."

I looked back up at him and cocked my head to the side waiting for him to explain more.

"Think of it this way," he said. "Jennie, to me, is like the most beautifully wrapped present, but once I open the box, all I see is the gift of darkness and hatred."

"But you.. you're something else. You are a present wrapped so beautifully on the outside and once opened, all I can find are gifts that I shouldn't even own because they are too perfect to belong to anybody," he replied pushing my blonde locks back from my face smiling.

I blushed furiously and denied it. "Aw you're just saying that to be nice, but thank you."

He shrugged it off as if it were no big deal and quickly moved on to helping me pick out an outfit. He could be the most sensitive guy at times and it really is sweet. I smiled to myself as I quickly changed into the clothes he had picked out for me, and once he finally approved of my outfit, we both headed out the house.

"Lalisaaaa~~~?" My mother nagged from across the house.

I whispered "damn it" to myself and rolled my eyes. We were so close to getting out of the house without having to deal with my mum.

I groaned and called back, "Yes mother?"

"Is there someone with you? I heard noise." she replied.

"Yes Ms. Manoban. I'm here. It's Jungkook. I apologise for not properly greeting you when I entered. You were all asleep so I didn't want to wake you." Jungkook responded.

"Oh..okay.... goodbye." my mother grunted with clear signs of both disapproval and disappointment.

I glanced at Jungkook signalling an apology through my sorrowful eyes and he mouthed back "It's alright. I'm used to it" and smiled back weakly. Without saying another word, the two of us left my house quickly so we could both avoid my mother, and pick up Jisoo...on time.