Chapter 24: Flash Forward

A/N: You're free to kill me, I'll send you my location hehe thanks for waiting for my updates. I love you all :)

-----------

Lauren and Camila stared in shock as James slammed the door open, followed by the girls.

"How? What did you do?" James asked, half confused, half excited.

"Nothing," Cameron shrugged his shoulders, his eyes moving to the device when another light turned on, "We were just talking and bam!"

"What were you talking about?" Normani asked Cameron.

"About Camila and I," Lauren answered for him, frowning, "About our future."

"Maybe you were right!" Ally turned to Dinah, grabbing her arm and shaking her a little.

James raised an eyebrow, "About what?"

"Yeah, okay, so," Dinah blinked, "I told Ally and Mani that maybe Cameron's mission wasn't to help them get together but to talk to them and tell them about the future they would have together. Like, we know how stubborn these two can be," Dinah pointed at Camila and Lauren, "No offense," she added quickly, grinning, "But talking to Cameron would make things clearer for them."

James crossed his arms over his chest, impressed, "Wow. You called me a genius but you're pretty impressive yourself, DJ. That's definitely an interesting theory. A little paradoxical, considering they're both going to forget about him, but very interesting."

"Do we know that for sure?," Dinah said and then moved her hand dismissively, a smirk on her face, "But that's not the point, because this means Cameron can go back to his time now."

"Wait a second," Camila interrupted, "What do you mean by we're going to forget about him?"

"About Cameron," James replied, "We probably won't remember most of what we know now about the future."

"But-" Camila wanted to complain but James didn't let her.

"I don't make the rules. Time fixes itself, Mila," he told her, "He's not meant to be part of our lives at this point in time. We could try and retain as much as we can but we won't really remember him."

"Another light turned on," Cameron said, still staring at the device, trying to ignore the conversation between the others. He didn't want to think about how much of the experience he would remember.

"There's not much time left," James nodded, "We should leave now. Things are about to get crazy in here and I don't think we should be around. I want no side effects."

Nobody moved.

A lot was going on inside everybody's minds for their bodies to catch up.

"I'm no kidding, girls," James insisted.

Ally was the first one to react. She walked to Cameron and hugged him tight, "You're a brave boy, Cam," she said, getting emotional, "I'm going to miss you."

Cameron was shocked for a second but hugged her back, swallowing the lump in his throat, "Thanks for your hugs, Aunt Ally. They made me feel at home."

Ally broke the hug, wiping the tears off her eyes and sending him a final smile before walking away and out of the room.

Normani took a step towards Cameron, holding back the tears, "I'm sorry I didn't trust you at first, Cam. I still feel bad about that."

Cameron pulled her into a hug, "Aunt Mani, if someone was going to figure out I wasn't who I was pretending to be, it was you."