Chapter 21: Warmth In A Blizzard

A/N: Second update today! I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

--------------

Camila had stayed true to her decision of not kissing Lauren until midnight. It had helped, though, that Sinu had been around them most of the afternoon and Lauren had felt too self-conscious to try anything. Camila was glad. She wasn't sure how much of Lauren trying to kiss her she would've been able take before giving up.

After filming the performance, Camila and Lauren were relaxing at their dressing room while the other girls watched other performances being filmed. Camila was lying on the couch with her head on Lauren's lap as they chatted cheerfully. The only other person in the room was Sinu, who was sitting and reading in silence.

"Who do you think would win in a fight?" Camila asked suddenly, "Harry Potter or Spiderman?"

"That's a good one," Lauren stopped looking at her phone, considering the choices, "I'll go with Spiderman."

"Why, though?" Camila wondered, "Harry can do magic."

"Yeah, but he can a little useless sometimes," Lauren put her phone down and started playing with Camila's hair, " Like, yes, he's brave and everything, but he has help most of the time. Also, take away his wand and he's done."

"Wizards can do magic without a wand," Camila pointed out, "It's hard, though, I think."

"Okay, picture this," Lauren said, "Harry tries his favorite spell, Expelliarmus, before realizing Spiderman doesn't even have a wand. Then, Spiderman makes a sarcastic remark and, just as Harry realizes he has messed up, Spiderman shoots webs and takes Harry's wand. Bam! Game over. Bye, Harry."

By the time Lauren finished describing the imaginary scenario, Camila was laughing loudly, "Wait, wait," she said, "What if Harry has a broom?"

"Come on, Camz," Lauren narrowed her eyes playfully, "I don't think it would be hard for Spiderman to use some of his web and take care of the broom."

"Fine, fine," Camila gave in, "If Hermione were there, she'd destroy both of them, anyway."

Lauren threw her head back, laughing, "I can't disagree with that."

Camila then started to make a list of people and characters who would win against superheroes in battles. Her hands had found one of Lauren's to play with her fingers, stopping only when her phone started ringing.

"Helloooo," Camila sang happily, answering her phone and getting an amused look from Sinu.

Lauren smiled at Camila, loving the cheerful mood she was in and loving that she was partially responsible of that.

"Oh," Camila's smile faded in a second and so did Lauren's when she heard the next word that Camila said, "Austin."

Lauren groaned. She was hoping he would leave Camila alone after being punched in the face.

"What? Camila asked, frowning. She sat up and put the cellphone on speaker, placing it between her and Lauren, so she would listen to what he was saying, "I don't get it."

"Listen, I get it, okay? What you did the other day was your way of getting revenge for what I said about you a while ago," Austin said in a condescending voice, "Now that we're even, I was thinking maybe we could-"

"Austin," Camila interrupted him, feeling Lauren's body tensing next to her, "That was not something I planned to get revenge. At all."

"Come on, Camila. Stop being such a-"

Lauren took the phone from Camila's hand and turned off the speaker, placing the phone on her ear.

"Listen to me, you fucking clueless idiotic jerk," Lauren snapped and Camila's eyes widened as they moved from Lauren to her mom, and then back to Lauren, who was not done, "I'm going to tell you this once and you better pay attention. Stay away from Camila. Stop calling her and stop looking for her. Because if you hurt her in any way, I'll make sure you're sorry. She has a lot of people who care about her and we won't let you hurt her again. Was that clear enough for you?"