Nice to Meet You

The voice was deep for the height of the figure. It was definitely a man's. I stopped walking and turned around nervously and slowly.

It was a neatly dressed man with smooth black hair. He had dull green eyes but the shape of his eyes made them look sharp and fierce.

"What do you think you're doing this late at night?" The man asked eyeing me suspiciously.

"I don't think that's any of your business. And I could say the same for you." The man was quiet and continued to stare at me. I couldn't read what he was thinking, but his look was scary. "I like night walks." I answered so he would speak again.

"Does anyone know your out here?" He asked stuffing one of his hands in his pockets. A red flag went off in my head.

"No, I'm not supposed to be out here. But you're not gonna drag me back because I'll run." I said defiantly. "And If you try to steal me I'll hurt you. I'm a strong dude." I said more confidently than I felt

"Of course not." he said cocking his head slightly to the side and studying how I looked. "You're one of the cotillion boys." I grunted and crossed my arms.

"Not for long. I'm going to run away. I'm never going to be a butler for a lord. I'm still a person, I should be equal to them even know I don't have money" I said uncrossing my arms. "I was taken against my will. My father is still alive, and he's damn wealthy because he's a scientist. He just left for a trip and hasn't come back yet." I said quietly with a tang of sadness in my voice.

"And your mother?" I clamped my mouth shut and looked away upset. Images of her sickly face flashed through my head and I closed my eyes tightly.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not supposed to tell strangers personal things."

"Mh," he took his hand out of his pocket and reached for my shirt. I stepped back and looked at his hand to him.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"Come here." I glared at him and he just grabbed my shirt and pulled me forward. I gasped a bit, his height does not reflect his strength; He was definitely strong. Although his grip was harsh I did not feel threatened by this man.

I watched this man as his grip loosened and he let go of my shirt. He took off his glove an placed his pale hand on my skin. Somehow even with the glove on his hand was still cold. I caused me to get goosebumps, but I tried not to pull away. He slid his hand down to my wrist the back up to the end of my sleeve.

"What are you doing?" I inquired. I was starting to now get creeped out by this man. I pulled my arm back and tugged down on my sleeve.

"What's your name?"

"That's not what I asked." I said lowly glaring at him and feeling that my arm had just been molested. The shorter male did not answer and I sighed knowing that he would not answer my question without answering his first.

"Eren..." I answered slowly.

"Eren what?"

"Jaeger."

"Eren Jaeger...." He repeated to himself. I nodded.

"My name's Levi."

"Levi what?"

"You don't need to know that." I cocked a brow and crossed my arms. Levi cocked a brow back and grinned shortly. He had pearly white teeth and I looked down as my face turned pink.

"You don't want to be a butler you say."

"Yeah."

"Then what do you want to be?"

"I want to be a wealthy merchant, and once I am I'm going to find my dad and kick his ass for not coming back."

"Tch." He scoffed.

"You don't believe me?"

"That's the weird thing. I do. You've got determination kid." he said. I straighten up and brighten. "You should go back to bed now though."

"Why?"

"They'll see your missing and It's late."

"So what? They don't give one damn if I am. The staff say I'm a lost cause."

"ha...you're cute kid. But go, you've got a long day ahead of you." Levi patted my head and put something in my hand before closing my hand into a fist. With that he turned around and walked back down the street. I watched him until his shadow was swallowed by the darkness.