The car pulled up in front of Rory's. He went to help her with her things. She opened the door just as he was about to ring the bell.

"Hello, Love," he said with a smile. As usual, Finn thought she looked beautiful. "How are my favorite Sheilas?"

"Hello to you, too! This one's starving," she said pointing to her stomach. Then she gave him a kiss on the cheek. He took the bags from her hand, and they got into the car.

Before they'd even left Hartford, Rory had finished off one container of lo mein.

"Oh, my gosh, this is so good," she said with her mouth half full.

Finn laughed. "You knew how to eat before, and now, with the baby, you've taken eating to a whole new level. I believe you could give Lorelai a real run for her money!"

She hit him playfully on the arm. "It's not for me, it's for the baby," she reminded him and giggled.  "Besides, she's got years of experience on me!"

Rory fell asleep after they were done eating. Finn loved having her cuddled up next to him. He kissed her on the head and gently stroked her hair. She was so calm and peaceful, he dreaded having to tell her the news. He just wanted her to hear it from him and not elsewhere.

She woke up as they got farther into the city. Finn couldn't believe she'd slept through so much of the city already. The hustle and bustle of the congested city traffic was very loud, but it didn't faze her for the first thirty minutes. They were getting close to the Plaza, where he'd booked the Fitzgerald Suite. It wasn't very large, but the art deco design was simply exquisite. He hoped The Great Gatsby inspired décor would help Rory's creative juices flow while he was working the first part of next week. He was sure she'd be motivated by the spirit of F. Scott Fitzgerald.

"Oh, crap! How long have I been asleep?" Rory asked groggily.

"Well, we're almost to the Plaza and you fell asleep right after we finished eating."

"I'm so sorry," she replied.

"It's ok. I'm sure you needed it. You need all the rest you can get before the baby comes."

"She'll be here before I know it," she said with a hint of panic in her voice.

"Don't worry, you've still got plenty of time," he said reassuringly.

"It doesn't always feel like it," she replied.

There was a silence and it grew awkward. Finn wanted to tell her, but he didn't know how to broach the subject. He just looked at Rory, who can feel his eyes boring into her soul.

"Finn? Care to share with the rest of the class?" she asked.

He sat for a moment and decided to go with the direct approach.

"Rory," he began.

"You called me Rory -"

He interrupted her before she could say anything else. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Oh?" she asked, concerned about his serious demeanor.

"It's about Logan......and Odette."

"I'm not sure I want to know, Finn," she replied.

"This is very important, and I'd rather you hear it from me."

"Please, don't," she pleaded.

"You need to know about this," he asserted.

"Why? Why could be so important?" she probed.

"Odette is pregnant," he said in almost a whisper.

Rory was stunned and speechless. She didn't even know they'd been intimate. Of course they were, they're married. How far along was she? Did he know when he was trying to back together with me? Guess he's really fulfilling the dynastic plan, she wondered sarcastically. Finn could see the wheels turning in her head.

"Colin didn't really give me many details, except she's about ten weeks along. Logan couldn't even tell me himself," Finn explained.

"Wow...." was all she managed to say.

Ten weeks ago was about the same time he started begging me to come back. I guess I can't fault him for sleeping with his own wife, but he should have known better to have unprotected sex with her if he wanted me back. NO! I won't get sucked into this! I'm finally happy with someone, and I just hope he's happy, too, she thought.

"Are you ok, Love?" he asked.

I hope she's not reconsidering us. I've never felt this way about anyone else.  It was so much more than my lustful libido that had controlled any 'relationship' I'd had previously. Could this be it? No, it's far too early to be thinking like that, he thought.

"You know what? I am. I can't say it doesn't hurt after the begging and other stunts, but I can honestly say that I'm very happy to be where I am," she said smiling. She put her hand on his leg to brace herself as she pushed up to give him a kiss.

On the inside, he let out a sigh of relief. "It's ok if you aren't ok with this. I understand, and I'm here no matter what," he said and pulled her closer. He wanted her to know that she was justified in feeling hurt and betrayed. The news came as quite a surprise to him, and could only imagine what kind of feelings were swirling inside her and mixing with the pregnancy hormones.  He figured it looked a little like a Roman gladiator battle.

"I might not be 100% ok with it, but I need to be on the road to acceptance. I can't get sucked into that kind of thing. We are not together and they are married. It was bound to happen in accordance with Mitchum's prophecy. It's not easy, and I'm going to need time to completely process it. I just want you to know that I'm very happy with you, with us. I appreciate that you understand all of this and support me," she confessed.

She just had so many unanswered questions, and there's no way she could thrust them on Finn. Is my real life like a soap opera? I'm pregnant with my married ex's baby while his wife is pregnant at the same time, AND I'm dating his best friend. Yeah, maybe 'Days of Our Lives' is looking for some inspiration because I've got their storylines right here. There's enough fodder to last quite a while with the begging, hospitalization, and jet-setting styles of New England's societal elite, she thought.

"No matter what, I'm here for you, Love," he said. He knew this wouldn't just blow over, but he meant every word and would stick by her.

They pulled up in front of the Plaza. The building was aglow in the New York City skyline. The driver opened the door and extended a hand to Rory. She accepted graciously, but her exits were becoming less graceful, and she needed a little extra help getting out of the car. Her center of gravity was becoming more displaced every day. Finn followed her quickly. The driver handed off the luggage to the bellhop.

After Finn checked in, they headed toward the elevator. He has a hand on the small of her back, guiding her. Just before they got to the elevator, they heard a familiar voice.

"Finn, Rory! Great to see you!" Logan called out. "I didn't know you were going to be in the city."

They turned toward him and see he's with a woman. Rory assumed it was Odette, but had no idea what she looked like. Her brunette hair shone, and her skin glowed in the lights of the lobby. Her dancing green eyes shot darts at Rory. She was dressed very well, but not in anything formfitting, reinforcing the news of her pregnancy.

"Logan, nice to see you, Mate. Odette, it's a pleasure, as always," Finn said. He shook his hand and kissed her on each cheek.

"Good to see you again, Rory," Logan said and kissed her on the cheek. She felt her face go flush.

"Rory, this is Logan's wife, Odette."

"It's lovely to meet you," Rory replied and kissed her on each cheek.

On the second kiss, Odette whispered in Rory's ear, "I know."