That was a long time ago.

It's time to leave it all behind.

"What do you think babe?" Noah says and I turn to look at him trying my best to not look confused.

I wasn't listening.

"I don't know," I say hoping that it will make him explain further.

"You're not too busy for dinner tomorrow night, right?" he asks and I can hear concern in his voice.

He knows I wasn't listening.

Dinner tomorrow night with Liz and J?

How about? No.

"I have to look over some contracts," I say. "I was going to tell you later, but I'll probably be in the office till late. We can always try another night."

"I can check our schedule," Liz says taking hold of Jason's hand.

So they're dating?

Well, I'm glad at least they stayed loyal to each other.

Okay Abrelle, why are you acting like this?

You weren't like this with Elliot.

Let it go Abrelle.

But then again, I would never have a friendly dinner with Elliot.

That'd be horrible.

"Or you guys can go," I say trying my best to sound casual. "I know you're both probably busy with work and it's been so long since Noah has seen you both. Go to dinner, the three of you, tomorrow and I'll make sure to clear my afternoon for next time."

"You sure?" Liz asks and I can see Noah give me a confusing look, but I nod.

"Yes," I smile. "Go and have fun tomorrow night. We can always hang out another night."

"Okay," Jason smiles. "I'm glad to finally be able to go get some beers with you man."

"Me too," Noah says, his eyes never looking away from me.

***

"Goodnight," Noah says before closing the door and I exhale taking a seat on the couch.

That was a long, long dinner.

"I'm going to bed," Noah says and I can tell he's pissed off.

Here we go.

"Noah," I say annoyed. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" he scoffs. "It's been years since we've seen them and you were completely distant all night."

"What did you expect?" I stand up. "That I would be happy to see them. You do remember what happened, right?"

"Yes," he exhales.

"The last time I saw Liz was during the trial," I say. "Not once did they bother to visit me or write a letter during the six months that I spent in prison. I saw Jason the day of my release and he didn't bother to ask how I was. You remember that, right?"

"I thought we were past this," he runs his hand through his hair.

"We?" I scoff. "There is no we in this situation. They abandoned me, Noah. Not you, not us, but me."

"There is no we," he says, a hurt expression on his face.

Fuck.

"That's not what I meant," I say closing my eyes.

"Yes you did," he says. "You really think you were alone in all of this."

"No," I say looking at him. "You've been there for me and I appreciate that so much, but we have different experiences. You experienced my jail time from outside the cell and I lived it from inside. We lived very different things during those six months and that includes Lisa and Jason."