(Special Chapter) On April 17

A/N: This is purely fictional based on what happened to Huang Jingyu and Xu Weizhou (and Addicted Web Series) on April 17, 2016. I planned to post this on the exact day one year after the event but unfortunately this has been my busiest week with all the deadlines so I couldn't make it 😩 But at least, posting this now won't be as sensitive as on the D-Day. Since the day was already passed, I guessed you're all already cooled down. 😆

This is un-betaed and English is not my native language, so pardon for any mistakes in writing this story.

One last thing, this is not the continuation of the previous chapter.
If at all, this chapter preceded any of the events in the previous chapters.

-Anna/uvlight2030

________________________
On April 17

"Where's he?"

"Where's Huang Jingyu?"

"Why didn't he show up at the press con?"

"Why is it just the three of them on stage?"

"That traitor, he didn't want to associate himself with Addicted anymore."

"That's not true! He came for rehearsal. He must be in backstage!"

"What kind of Fan Meeting is this? Up to now, no topic about Addicted is being discussed."

An array of comments chirping inside the BCC venue and in any social media when the Fan Meeting had started for half an hour and there was no sign of the man who played the role Gu Hai coming up to the stage.

After having their opening performances, Xu Weizhou, Lin Feng Song, and Chen Wen came up together to the stage for interview session. The three of them were really cheerful and excited to communicate with the fans. They even tried to greet the fans with the Thai language that they had learned. No trace of sadness nor anxiety painted on their faces. As if everything was going dandy and fine.

Except it's not fine at all. The fourth actor hadn't been mentioned nor presented on the stage, as if he's not included at all for the fan meeting. The oldest  brother of the three was not there to complete the '四美'—The Four Beauties of Addicted.

That was what confused the fans the most. If this was an Addicted Web Series Fan Meeting, then he should be there on stage.

When it came to the game section, one of the fans braved herself to ask Xu Weizhou about Huang Jingyu's whereabout.

Weizhou told her quietly. "He's in backstage. We cannot appear together."

Noticing the befallen expression on his fan's face, Weizhou just gave her a tight, encouraging smile.

*****

The news about the two main characters of Addicted couldn't appear together on stage was spread as soon as the fan tweeted on her social media. It caused a havoc in the fandom, especially to the devoted CP fans of Yuzhou. Even before the Fan Meeting ended, many had been broken-hearted with the new fact that their beloved CP wouldn't get to be seen together like, for a very long, long time. It also could mean forever.

The news travelled so fast it reached the one most-wanted, most-searched person in the entire night: Huang Jingyu.

He had been surfing on Weibo the entire time he waited in the backstage. He read every single desperate calls from his fans for him to appear. Reading those things he could only clenched his jaws.