Late Night Walk

pairing: Huang Jingyu x Xu Weizhou
genre: canon, romance
rating: M
disclaimer: Inspired from a fanart by 小奶音biubiubiu. I don't own the characters and this basically comes from my own delulu

_________________
Shanghai, December 26, 2016
01:26 AM

A tall figure stood quietly in front of a simple, yet elegant, two storey house. His shadow which cast by the street lamp was almost as handsome as the person himself. In order to fight the cold night (and also to hide his identity), he was completely covered in a winter coat, a scarf, a hat and a black mask.  If someone happened to pass by, he might give him a weird look because it's quite insane to just stand outside a house in 1 AM in the middle of winter night. But, again, since it's already quite late and most of people already went to sleep in their warm beds, no one noticed him. It was also the very reason he chose to go out at such ungodly hour.

The hand that he tucked inside his coat's pocket suddenly felt a vibration coming from his phone. He took the phone out from the pocket to take a look. There he saw a message from the person who he had been waiting to come out from the house exactly in front of him.

Jingyu, I'm sorry. >~< Did I make you wait for long? It took me forever to find the right key to the front door since I didn't dare to wake my parents up. Now, I'll be out in a sec.

He chuckled at the silliness of the other boy. A crinkled smile decorated his face as he replied the text with 'silly, just come out now, Zhou.' He turned off his phone screen and stored the phone back to his pocket. Not a minute later, he could hear the clinking sound of the front gate being opened and soon it revealed the person he missed the most in the world.

As their eyes met, they had a matching grin plastered on their handsome faces. Although one of them was covered in a black mask, you could tell just by looking at his crinkled eyes. Their grins were the mixed of 'Finally I can see you again' and 'This is crazy'.

The reasons were first, due to their busy schedules, they hadn't managed to meet for weeks. And second, yes, it's crazy to agree on having a night walk in the middle of the night giving out the cold season. But it's not as crazy if you consider their status as celebrities, who would definitely make the front page of the headline news if they ever got caught. So going out in such hour could be considered as the 'right time' and it would lessen the probability to the horror of being caught by the paparazzi's cameras.

"Let's go."

***

Srek. Srek. Srek. Srek.

The sound of their shoes made contacts with the snow covered street was the only thing that break the silence of the night. Sometimes, the hushed talk exchanged between them were blown away by the night wind, so no one could hear it except you stick close to the speaker. Like those two, their shoulders brushed against each other as they walked along the empty street in Jing'an complex. They purposefully avoided the Nanjing street and the direction towards the Bund where the night might still be alive over there.

"Why your flight was so late?"

"I've already told you, haven't I? Due to the bad weather, it got delayed twice."

"O.." Xu Weizhou, the younger of the two, knew it already, but he just had to sulk over it. "I've waited for you since the evening, you know? My ma already prepared Christmas dinner for us."