You're My Medicine

pairing: Huang Jingyu x Xu Weizhou
genre: canon, romance
rating: PG-15
disclaimer: I don't own the characters and this is basically coming from my own delulu
note: I wrote this long long long time ago when Jingyu was sick and... it dragged till he's already leaving to Morocco and well,... *sighs* -___-
this has been sitting in my draft folder way too long and this cannot stay any longer!
so... hope you guys still accept this very late fic >~< to those who patiently wait for this fic, love you guys very much~<3
~uvlight2030~

________________________
Beijing, January 8th, 2017

Zhouzhou was casually scrolling down his Weibo page when his notification immediately blew up with mentions of him in someone's post. Not that it's not happening regularly, but what had caught his attention was that, among those mentions, his fans were saying along these lines:

'Don't give up, big boss! @许魏洲ZZ and us will always be there for you.'

'Poor Whale, seems that he has fallen ill. He needs his Zhou Meow @许魏洲ZZ by his side.'

'@许魏洲ZZ is out of town. Who will take care of big boss? My heart hurts for you 😭'

 Who will take care of big boss? My heart hurts for you 😭'

'Keep it up.'

A cryptic caption followed by a matching gloomy photo was posted by Jingyu not a minute ago. Usually, when Jingyu was being 'drama-queen' over his own situation and seeking for his attention indirectly through Weibo post, Zhouzhou just chuckled it away and he would later 'bully' the older through the chat. But then, there was such a weary aura in the photo which makes Zhouzhou didn't even dare to laugh at it. Furthermore, the white band aid that the man in the photo didn't even try to cover deepened the frown that had already painted on Zhouzhou's handsome face.

'Did he just...?'

Zhouzhou
What happened to your left hand?

Without preamble, Zhouzhou immediately sent Jingyu a WeChat message. Initially, he wanted to give the other a call, but since he didn't know what situation the other was in, it's wiser for him to send a chat instead.

15 minutes later, Zhouzhou received an answer from the other.

Jingyu
Hey, babe... About it... it's from an IV drip earlier. My fever became so high I couldn't bear it, so I went to the hospital to check it.

Now that Jingyu mentioned it, Zhouzhou remembered Jingyu told him that he might catch a cold when they were having facetime session yesterday.

Zhouzhou
My God... :( Why didn't you tell me you went to the hospital?

Jingyu
I didn't want you to be over-worried.