Understanding Love

A/N:
Hi guys, I'm back! xD
This chapter has been sitting in my draft since early May and before I know it, time flies by and it's September already! lol
So, this is the continuation from MYM chapter (if you guys still remember the plot xD)
Happy reading!
__________________________

Sanya
3:25 AM

*drrt*
*drrt*
*drrt*

"Mmhh..." Zhouzhou stirred up from his slumber. He felt his eyes swollen and heavy to open. It must be because I cried myself to sleep, he cursed inside his mind. The dried tears had left some creases at the corner of his eyes. As he propped himself up, he rubbed them with the back of his hand.

Zhouzhou blinked slowly to try finding some focus. It's pretty dark inside his hotel room, save from the dim light coming from the desk lamp beside him. He also noticed that the sky was also still pitched dark. He reached for his thick glasses on the bedside table before he searched around for his phone.

He found the slim and flat device in between the creases of his bed cover. He pressed the home button to wake up the screen and there the time read 3:26 AM.

It's too early to wake up, but there's another thing displayed on his phone screen which had caught his attention.

WeChat messages from Jingyu.

Without thinking further, Zhouzhou swept his phone screen to open them.

My Handsome Husband
Baobei!!!! 😆💗💗💗💗💗

My Handsome Husband
No worries. I forgive you. Thousands, ten thousands times I forgive you. Husband loves you too much not to forgive you. 😚

My Handsome Husband
Miss you most, baobei~🌹 Let's have a call when you wake up, okay?  Husband will wait for you~

They were sent on 3:16 am; only ten minutes ago. At this hour, Jingyu must already finished shooting for the day. Thinking about that had made Zhouzhou's heart beat faster. Should I try to call him now?

Before he could reconsider, his fingers unconsciously pressed the call button. He flinched and bit his tongue as the ringtone for waiting call rang in his quiet room.

A rustling sound of a call being picked up was reaching Zhouzhou's ears and soon after, a manly and warm voice filtered through Zhouzhou's phone speaker.

"Wei?"*

*Chinese way to say Hello when picking up a call

Making a sharp intake of breath was Zhouzhou's first reaction when he heard the familiar voice. It has been so long...

"Zhouzhou?" Jingyu called again after hearing no response from the other line.

Zhouzhou was about to answer when he felt his phone was vibrating in a middle of a call.

My Handsome Husband is inviting you to video call...

Zhouzhou was panicked. His eyes were still swollen from crying and he didn't want Jingyu to see that. He rejected the invitation and immediately made up an excuse.