Chapter Three

Although I didn't realise it I must have paled a couple shades because Lola came to my side and held my hand. "Sweetie are you okay?" She rubbed warmth back into my body through my hand.

"Yeah, yeah I think I'm okay." I stepped past everyone, who happened to be staring at me, and looked up at the house. Maybe I was seeing things. I needed to check.

"Let's go home," Liza whined.
"No, let's check this place out," Isaac said pulling her forward,"This place is amazing."

Liza sighed but continued to say nothing. She wasn't going to argue. There was no point. Isaac walked into the house swiftly followed by the rest of us, I hung back. I saw something.

I looked up at the window and saw cracks trailing up the window like spider webs. But that wasn't what freaked me out, it was the shadow that stood staring at me, watching me like prey that freaked me out. I wanted to run but I remembered what my ex boyfriend had said to me. Never show fear. I sucked up courage and was about to walk into the house when I heard a calling from down the street.

Confused I turned around. There in the middle of the cracked road stood Tiffany and Jake. I walked over to them. "What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked. "I, I- I thought I saw you guys go inside." Tiffany and Jake stared at eachother.

Jake stepped forward and placed his hands on my shoulders," We were at my place, Tiffany got cold and so I tool her to my place to borrow a hoodie, then I saw the rest of you guys entering the woods and we came after you guys."

"I- I, I what?" I was confused, and was beginning to get scared. "Where are the others?" Tiffany asked looking up at the house. I turned to face the house," They are inside."
"Let's get them," Jake said, grabbing ahold of Tiffany's hand.

As they walked up to the haunted house my heart began to pump, I was scared. Something wasn't right. I ran up to them. There was no way I'd split up.

Together we entered the house, and this time I couldn’t help but hide my confusion. The house was different from the last one minute I was in there.  The hallway was diffrent, in fact the whole house was. I wanted to say something but I didn't want to freak the other two out. "Let's go look for them," I said instead. If this house was going to change every time we walked in the least I could do was try to find them.

The three of us walked further into the house and past a door, I stopped opened it and peaked inside, nothing except for dust, spiderwebs, an old work desk and office chair. I closed the door again, this was worthless.

As Tiffany and Jake walked further and further down the passage I started to feel faint, something wasn't right, I felt I'll, I felt hopeless. I knew if I didn't grab onto something I would surely pass out, I grabbed onto the wall and slowly, slowly sank down to the wooden floor. I looked at Tiffany and Jake who had become a blur, they looked distant. So distant that if I had to take my hand and try tough them they would look like a dot compared to my pinky finger nail.

Feeling helpless, I called out to them. I saw Tiffany turn around and walk towards me with Jake following in tow. But by the time they had arrived I already started to pass out, because the last thing I remembered was hearing Jake say that they needed to get me home, immediately.

***

My eyes began to burn the moment I made an attempt at opening them, and when I finally did open them it felt as though someone was standing holding a super bright torch shining it in both my eyes. It was blinding.

"Oh my soul you're awake!" I heard Tiffany cheer hugging me as though if she let go her whole world would fall apart. Which it probably would. "I'm so glad my parents let me skip school to watch you. Don't worry! Your parents know you are here with me, Jake and I didn't know what happened, one minute you were okay and the next you past out. You started to fade."

I stared at her," Tiffany you lost me at they let you watch me. Do you know how weird it is to be watched!" I began to laugh. Tiffany smiled, but it wasn't her normal everyday halls smile. Something was bothering her.

I sat up,"What's wrong?" She sighed," When you past out Jake and I left the house with you so that we could get you home, we totally forgot about the others while we looked after you, you've been out for two days, and during those two days the others have gone missing."

I shot out of bed expecting to walk there but instead I probably looked like a dying fly that just got swatted. "Jake and I were planning to go back and look for them. And we are taking the cops with us."

I frowned," Why do the cops need to come with?"
"Because they can't find the street, we gave them a name and they couldn't find it. They figured it's probably an old street and that maybe it's off the maps. So we said we'd show them."

I nodded," I'm coming with, but first let's get some food." I pointed to my stomach and smiled. Tiffany giggled and shook her head. "You get back in bed before you break you neck trying to climb downstairs with numb legs. I'll bring food up for ya, and a coke. Maybe I'll bring some joint too."

I laughed," Tiffany even if you wanted to you wouldn't ever own joint. Now come on." She laughed. And then she left the room. I shuddered, something was wrong with that house. I turned my head and looked outside, in just enough time to see a shadow run away. Goosebumps pickled up my legs.

A U T H O R 'S   N O T E

This chapter is dedicated to tiffisamazing. She's been through a lot lately with a jerk and well I want to see her happy. Drop her a follow and like her books! I'm sure it will be much appreciated.