Chapter Two

The sound of knocking on the door was enough to get my mother screaming at me from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled running down the stairs to the front door. I pulled it open and immediately brought Tiffany into a hug. "Let's get ready," I said as soon as I let go.

Tiffany and I both trailed up the stairs and into my semi - neat bedroom.

"Okay," I said, flicking through all the clothes in my cupboard. "Let's get this party on the road." I pulled out all my clothes and laid them neatly out on the bed.

"I was thinking of maybe going as a pirate, want to join," I said smirking.

Tiffany grabbed a backpack off her back and handed it to me. I opened it and saw a couple of black clothes and then grim reaper masks.

"I was thinking we go as something a little cooler than pirates," Tiffany said handing me a mask. I grinned. "Let's get dressed."

Tiffany and I immediately began getting dressed into our completely black clothes. And when we were done we grabbed the masks. Tiffany tied up her ginger hair and handed me a hairband. "Want to tie your hair?" I took it and looked at her.

"Tiffany my hair is short, you can't even put a tiny elastic into it." She giggled. "I'm just messing with you, Sponge Bob."

Hearing that old nickname made me smile,"Okay, Scooby Doo. Let's go."

All the way down the stairs and out the front door Tiffany was smiling. We both were. When we were little, six maybe, we used to sing the cartoon theme songs and while Sponge Bob was the one I sang, Scooby Doo was the one Tiffany sang.

We were no doubt best friends. Any person from the outside could look in and know we were best friends. It was obvious.

Together we linked arms, masks in hand, and walked down the street to The Halloween House Party it wasn't anything special. More something that we seventeen year olds went to on Halloween night since we were getting a bit old for trick or treating, but nonetheless it was still fun to go to.

By the time we had arrived the party was in full blast with teenagers dancing on the lawn right up to curtains shutting upstairs. It definitely was in full blast. Tiffany grabbed my hand and walked with me up into the house were she told me to look for Jake.

I pretend to scan around and then left her side when I spotted him. I had to go over the plan. When Jake saw me he smiled,"She here?" I nodded and gestured to the back of the room with my head. Jake nodded. "Should I do it now?"
"Sure."

Jake walked past me to Tiffany and lightly grabbed her hand. I watched as they spoke then left to go outside. I followed. Only to then be followed by Isaac and his super female dog girlfriend, Liza.

Okay, so she wasn't really a female dog. But she used to be my friend until she dated the only guy in school that I had my eyes on. She broke the girl code: You don't ever date your friends crush. And she dated him, and not because she liked him, but because she was trying her best to get Matthew, the schools bad boy, to pay attention to her. It made me angry.

"Why are you following?" I asked. Liza said nothing but still looked at me. Isaac smiled," Just here to support my bud." I rolled my eyes in irritation. Sure, sure he was.

I turned back to the window and saw Jack and Tiffany walking down the road. I needed to follow. I couldn't leave her. I walked, or more like shoved, past Isaac and Liza and walked out the front door.

As I started walking down the street I felt an arm link with mine. I looked up and saw Lola, Isaac's sister. Lola and Isaac were twins but you would never tell that just by the way the act. And by the way they avoid each other.
"So where you headed?" Lola questioned. "Following Tiff and Jake."

Lola looked behind her," Then why is my brother and his one night stand following as well?" I looked behind me and shrugged. "You never know with those two," I muttered.

We walked in silence until Lola asked if I still liked Isaac. I nodded," Yeah. Yeah I do."

"I wish he would date you. This Liza chick is way to clingy and annoying. Even my mother said she's a clingy female dog." I grinned at Lola's avoidance of swearing. Lola was probably the only girl in our whole high school who didn't swear. It was cute and we all liked her. She was really one to admire.

"Let's let them catch up to us, at least that way it's safer to walk around and we are not then two girls alone," I said. Lola agreed. We waited for the couple and when they came we didn't say a word but continued walking.

I watched as Jake and Tiffany walked. I decided I wanted to see what was going on with them. I turned to face Lola and smiled. She smiled back. We turned back around and then Tiffany and Jake were out of sight.

"Where did they go?" I asked. Everyone freaked out. Everyone except for Isaac. He laughed. "There's a path going through those woods. Jake's probably in there."

I scowled and ran ahead of the group into the woods when I found the path. I still couldn't see them. I walked through the woods and turned around when I heard the others, I called out to them.

They came over and we found ourselves walking together down the path, until we found ourselves on a street. The street looked deserted and I couldn't help but watch as the hair on my arms began to stick up.

"Uh guys, we better start looking for them, now," I said. I looked to the left of the street and saw that it was a dead end. They wouldn't be there, I knew it. With everyone following behind me I charged up the street that was surrounded by only the dead of night, grass and trees. I felt trapped.

I walked up the street right up until I saw an old wooden house. It looked like one of those Haunted Houses that you pay to enter and it looked scary. "What if they are in there?" I asked, pointing to the house.

Liza shook her head," I doubt it." I glanced at her, she was scared she didn't want to go inside.

"I'm going in you guys, whether you like it or not, anyone that wants to join is welcome."

I walked up to the broken down white fence of the house and gulped. I felt like I was being watched. But I had to find Tiffany. I walked up the stone path that twisted and turned like a snake, the path was weird and I wondered if this really used to be a haunted house.

I was halfway up the path when I saw two teenagers walk into the house. Tiffany and Jake. "Guys! They inside let's go!" I yelled. I ran up the path and heard the others running up behind me. I didn't wait, I needed to go to Tiffany.

I ran so fast up the path that I didn't even see the shards of broken glass scattered on the path. I walked right up to the front door and threw it open. I stepped into the house and immediately goosebumps ran up my arms and legs.

"Jake! Tiffany!" I screamt. No response. I stepped back outside the house when I saw everyone standing outside the house calling me, even Tiffany and Jake were there. My heart stopped, if they weren't the ones that entered the house, than, who did?