Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Just a second, Molls."

I watched as he hurried around the room, collecting articles of clothing thrown everywhere. He pushed them into his hamper by the door before stripping his current shirt off and opening his bedroom door. He pushed the shirt in the hamper and passed it to his - presumably - younger sister. As he turned back around and closed his door, the full moon lit up his room. 

For the first time in my life, I understood what it was like to be 'turned on'. 

Will scratched the back of his neck as he walked to his wardrobe and pulled out a pyjama shirt. He pulled that on, covering the best eye-candy on him. 

Will sat on the bed again, "So, you're in tenth grade, right?"

I nodded slowly.

"But you're taking twelfth grade Maths?"

I pressed my lips together tightly before looking up at him beneath my eyelashes, "Did you ever take the Morrisby Test?"

He nodded once.

"For... Reasoning, I got off the charts. The lady I discussed it with said that only two types of people get that result. The ones that are always in trouble and mucking up or the ones who are constantly bored and daydreaming. I'm stuck between the two. A few of my teachers got sck of me for being disrespectful and constantly zoned out. Which is why I've been advanced in a few subjects."

"So, that's why I'm now your maths tutor?"

I nodded, "Exactly. Don't expect me to be the best student, though."

Will studied me for a moment, "Then why are you in the attitude development program?"

"Because the principal reckons it will be good for me to work on my manners, I guess..."

"But you're a sixteen-year-old girl in a room with eighteen-year-old guys. Everyone saw what happened with Kye today!"

I shrugged, "Your Beta."

"Not for long," Will murmured.

"What?"

Will straightened up, in thought, "At the moment, Kye would be my unofficial Beta, yes?"

"Yeah..."

"But if I became your Alpha...?" I raised an eyebrow at the touchy subject. "Would Josh become my Beta?" he finished.

I crossed my arms, pondering this. I shrugged helplessly, "No idea. You got a laptop?"

"Of course," he said, slightly confused, grabbing it out. He typed in his password and then handed it to me. 

I opened up Chrome and a new tab. I typed in a memorised website link: http://www.wolfdruidhumanassociation.com.au/werewolfregistrationform.au/werewolfregristationlaws.au.hltp/

"That's one long-ass link," he murmured.

I shrugged wordlessly as the page loaded. Up came the rule handbook.

"Wait," Will held up a hand, "This is just floating around on the internet?"

I smirked, "We're not savages, dude."

I scrolled down to page 148. 

"That's a long list of rules."

"They're just complicated."

Law #467 - Established 07.12.1954 - By Werewolf Registration Association

If an Alpha must mate into an inactive pack already holding a Luna and Beta, the Alpha's own inactive pack must change. If a Luna must mate into an inactive pack already holding an Alpha and Beta, the Luna's own inactive pack must change. This means that if an Alpha already has a Beta but is to mate into another pack, that Beta is no longer a Beta; instead, the Luna's Beta becomes the new Alpha's Beta.