Chapter Twenty-One

^Gif is of Josh Asher, played by Corey Fogelmanis. 

I edited Chapter Twenty so just double-check the end of it to make sure you've read the new version. (09/04/17 AEST)

"Josh!" I shouted as I ran out of class. I grabbed his arm in the hallway, stopping him.

He grinned, "Rica?"

I tugged him out of the English block into the afternoon sun, "Problem."

"What's wrong?" he turned serious within a moment.

"I accidentally invited William over."

"How do you accidentally invite someone over?" he chuckled.

"Not important!" I replied slightly hysterical, "Tonight's the full moon!"

His eyes widened slowly. Then as I thought he'd agree with me he burst out laughing, "Oh my Artemis, this is perfect."

"What?" I glared at him, the air quickly becoming warmer and warmer.

"Calm down," he grinned, "What happens, happens," he explained.

"What?" I repeated, numb with the warmth.

"If something happens tonight, relish in it. Stop pushing everyone away."

I... push people away? 

Josh began walking away. I turned and stopped him again, "Wait. Josh... do you have a good feeling about this?"

Josh looked to his shoes and then back up to me, "I had a good feeling about William when I first saw him."

I winced, "I-is he my...?"

Josh shrugged, "Find that out yourself."

And in Josh terms, that meant yes.

***

At exactly 5:04pm, the moon was due to begin rising. So at 5:03pm I was on my knees, facing my window, praying. 

"Lady Artemis?"

There was a long pause before the voice invaded my headspace, 'America Lyra James. Pleasant to hear you again.'

She had the voice of a young girl, curious but wise. 

"And you, Lady Artemis. I have a question I must ask."

'Of course.'

I took a deep breath, "May you please explain the mate ordeal to me?"

'You were never one to ask about mates, America Lyra James. What brings you to this?'

"My pack is currently inactive... I am the Luna and we have no Alpha. At a time where most packs aren't safe, I need my own active. Why must an Alpha and Luna be together to form a pack?"

'When I saved that man from death thousands of years ago, he went back to his small, snow-ridden town. When he first turned into a wolf, many in his town ran and screamed for help. Only one saw through him and pictured him in his right personality. This was a young woman named Jeramia. Jeramia and the man fell in love as she helped him overcome the change I'd created. Then, I figured that there's only ever one person who will love the other unconditionally. A person without their soulmate is lonely. Therefore, a pack will be lonely if it's Alpha and Luna are lonely. They must be together.'

"And there's no way around this?"

'No, seeing as you have already met your mate. It is my understanding that it is the full moon tonight, yes?'