What Chapter is this?

Xavior and I walked out of the hospital he next day silently. My engagement ring was back on my finger and Xavior was holding the baby in with one hand and my hand with the other. Our hands didn't mesh like they used to. I found it harder and harder to try and feel like I did before. I used to be full of fire and ambition. Now, I was sad and angry and him and at me for letting our relationship turn so sour. My phone rang and I used my free hand to pull it out of my jean pocket.

"Lilly!" My mother exclaimed happily into my ear. My sour mood grew darker and darker every sentence she said.

"Why didn't you call us! We had to hear from Xavior that you had the baby! We are on our way down!" She said happily into the phone. The last thing I wanted was my family around. Especially not Alex.

"Mom, that isn't necessary. It is just a baby. You guys haven't been in my life in years. Please don't start acting like a parent and a grandparent now. I don't need you and my baby sure as hell doesn't need you. So please, go home." She was silent over the phone for a minute before responding.

"Lillian, that baby is my grandchild. She is one-fourth our blood. You cannot keep her away from us." Her voice was dark which she did when she scolded me.

"You gave up those rights when you let Alex get away with what he did. You are no longer family. I can't keep her away from Xavior but I can keep her away from you. If you show up at my house, you won't get past the front gate. I'll make sure of it." Now my voice was stern and anger filled. I could feel her rage through the phone and I knew she was trying to keep calm like a perfect lady would.

"You can't hide my grandchild from me Lillian."

"Watch me." I countered in a tone just as cold as hers.

"You are a monster, mother. You and dad and Alex are tyrants and I don't want to be near you. You're a money seeking whore and dad is a lying cheating bastard. Don't even get me started on Alex. You ruined my childhood and my life. If you think I am going to get past that then you are wrong. This is my life and my child. This baby girl will never get the displeasure of meeting any of you. I can't protect her from us but I can protect her from you. You ruined everything for me by trying to make me and our lives perfect. You looked over what Alex was doing to me to keep a perfect reputation. All you care about is money and your stupid reputation. I will not live in that world anymore. So if you think for a second I will let all the harm you did to me slide by, you are very mistaken." I shut off my phone and threw it to the back of the car after turning it on silent. It was going to be a long drive back to Xavior's and the tension wasn't going to make it go by any faster. His eyes were on the road and I was faced towards my window to give him the cold shoulder. I looked at the beautiful ring on my finger and I fiddled it slightly to make sure it was all real.

He was rich and powerful. I should have been happier than that. An hour from when we started driving I grabbed my phone from the back seat. I had to call the adoption lady and tell her we were keeping the baby. She picked up after two rings fully excited. I wished I could have given the child to her.

"Lillian! Is she here? Is the baby here?"

"Yes, she is."

"When can I see her."

"There is a problem, Mia." Her voice dropped.

"Oh, what problem."

"My fiancé showed up. I can't give her to you without his consent. He has denied me and wants to keep the baby. I can't do anything. I am so sorry. You know I would do anything for you to have the baby."

"You can't just take her away! I signed the papers! I paid for you checkups and hospital bills. You said I could have her!" Mia yelled into the phone.

"Those papers are void if he does not agree. I didn't know that until now. It is half his child. Your money will be returned to you with interest. You know I want you to have her! I am sorry, but my hands are tied."

"We will see what my lawyer has to say about that." She hung up and I glared at my phone.

"Look what you did." I said angrily at Xavior.

"No, look what you did! Did you really think you'd get away with it? Did you seriously not think I would put up a fight. This is all on you, Lillian. If you could stop looking through your burning hatred and think for a minute you'd have more reason."

"Don't you dare say this is all my fault! What about you?"
"What about me?" He responded angrily.

"You leaving me all alone all day every day. Running around with some Chinese person not even giving me the time of day. No wonder I ran away! You're impossible. I'm going to be at home taking care of a screaming baby while you are going to be having drink and probably not even discussing work! All you ever do is think of yourself."

"All I ever do is think about myself? You just tried to give away my child because you didn't want her! I am trying to make a life for us and all you care about is how big your ring is and or what gift I am going to bring home to make it up to you that I have to work so much! It has always been about you, Lillian. Everything is always about you and never about us. Have you realized that we haven't had sex since this baby was conceived? Have you noticed that we are always fighting? It is because you are too damn selfish and can't think about what I need. I need you! I need sex and love and you haven't been very forth coming with either of those."
"It's always about sex with you! Do you ever think of anything else? Ever since I met you it has always been about sex. I'm starting to think that is all you want from me. Because you're just a man with needs. Well I have needs to and the second you start fulfilling mine I will start fulfilling yours." There was a silence that filled the car. I was surprised that the baby was still asleep with all of our yelling.

"What are your needs, Lillian? I want to know." He said quietly and I felt my heart drop. I wasn't expecting him to ask. I really didn't know my needs.

"I just want to be loved, Xavior. I just want it to be like when we first got together. Making love, romantic dinners, falling asleep together in the same bed. I don't want to fight anymore. I want to love this baby but something is in the way."

"How can you not love our child. She is creation of our love."

"I don't think we even love each other anymore, Xavior." That hit both of our hearts heard. The silence was tense and it was more painful than the words that had just exited my mouth.

"Where are we, Xavior?" I interrupted the silence with an even more awkward question.

"I don't know, Lillian." Xavior responded. The car was silent and uncomfortable but I still found a way to fall asleep with all the troubles on my mind.