The Saying of "I do"

Most girls envision rows and rows of family and friends at their wedding, I didn't recognize half the people staring at me as I walked one foot after the other down with the death march playing perfectly by the full size orchestra hidden lightly behind the forest of evergreens. 

Most girls imagine their best friends in a line watching them walk up the isle, at the ready to be the perfect bridesmaids if something went wrong. They imagine them in flowing gowns with their hair and makeup done up to perfection. What I has was a a few of Xaviors cousins and his best mates girl in line to make my perfect day perfect. I had lost and shred of friendship I had with anyone. 

Most girls imagine their father walking them down the isle arm-in-arm as he tells her how proud he is of her. And her mother is waiting at the end of the isle to hold her daughter's hand for only a second and give her a tearful nod as she lets go of her daughter to be given to the lovely groom. My parents sat in the front, not to get near me. My devil brother between them with an emotionalist face looking at me. He'd like to think he has won, and in many ways he has destroyed my life beyond fixing, they all have, but I'd hate to say they've won. 

I walked down arm-in-arm with Xavior's father, the only good thing that was in the outdoor area at the moment. His wife and my mother seem to be in a race to who could be the most awful in the shortest amount of time. But Xavior's father was there. He was there to hold me up in case I tripped on the dirt beneath me. A wholesome man with a heart filled with gold that was married to a bitch who doesn't deserve him. Life deals us a funny hand, doesn't it?

Ten lightly stained chairs long and ten wide to hold our small party of one hundred in the wooded area that was covered in twinkle lights and the most expensive roses I had even been around to match the dark green and creme decor. Simple, but elegant. The chairs would soon be replaced with tables as the guests fraternize amongst themselves, champagne in hand.

My flower arrangements were drenched in real diamonds, and so was the rest of my body. Emeralds and diamonds covering my hair, laced around my neck like a fashionable noose, and clamped around my wrists handcuffing me to Xavior. My one love will always be diamonds. Diamonds and gold and rubies, and sapphire, and yes, emeralds. All the vices that were made just for me, and I was about to win big. 

My hair was sculpted in to a fingerwave of hair cascading down the side of my head and landing just under my breasts. My eyes were as smoking as the fire that fulled my hatred for nearly everyone in the room, and my lips were as red as the blood I wanted to spill but couldn't. I took my final steps to seal my fate and landed in the hands of my husband to be.

He was devilishly handsome. I could tell he had a fresh shave as I could smell his aftershave even from where I was standing. His raven hair greased back so well a 50's greaser would have been jealous of the perfection. His tux fit him well, too well. I could feel that sexual fire burning in me the more I glanced at his chiseled body wearing that perfectly fitted tux. I looked up into his eyes and I could tell that he was thinking exactly what I was thinking. 

This is a marriage of necessity. 

We both tried to hide it through faltering smiles, but we had known each other too long and too well. We had also loved each other too hard and too fast and it was showing on us. 

I knew what the priest was saying, I could hear him through my muddled brain. I knew just enough to know where we were at. I knew when I saw Xavior's mouth speak his very own death sentence. 

"i do"

It was now only up for me to decide what I was going to say. I felt like I wanted to run. Run, hide, stop existing. it wasn't time to stop existing. It was time to start living. Against my better judgement I finally said,

"I do."

A/N

We are getting pretty close to the end of their story! I hope yall stick around for the final FOUR chapters.

Love yall

charis