Chapter 72

We were built to fall apart

then fall back together

Althea's hand rushed to her head as she regained consciousness. She couldn't tell exactly where she was and it wasn't familiar at all. "Finally, you're awake", a voice said from the corner of the room. Althea looked around the room and found a woman sitting in a chair with a clipboard. She attempted to get off the table but was promptly shut down. "You still need to rest to recover from that gun shot wound. The director will be down in a minute to come check in on you", she said giving her a once over. "Director?", Althea questioned. "Yes, the Director of N.E.S.T. I'm sure you're familiar with her. Do you have any other questions?" How Althea got to a N.E.S.T facility was the biggest question. Her mind rushed back to the event that preceded this. She, April and Casey went to go save the boys from the Foot Clan with Dino and Margo tried to take her out. Once Althea got out of here, she was going to make sure Margo suffered. Her thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. A displeased director stood before her with her arms crossed. "You are one of the most elusive agents I have ever had", she said closing the door. "I never knew I was an agent", Althea probed. She was just thrown into this for her parents sake and it has turned her life more upside down then it was. "I don't remember agreeing to be a full fledge agent. I don't even know what I'm doing", Althea said throwing her hands up. "I know that's why I'm sending you out for training in 2 days", the director responded. Althea looked up at her. "Training where?", she asked. "Our main base in DC. Dino will accompany you. You'll be there for 3 weeks for combat and investigation training before returning and reporting back to me. Will is waiting downstairs to take you back to your apartment", the director said heading for the door. "And please, stay out of trouble."

The doctor that was taking care of Althea lead her out of the medical ward and outside. Just as the director said, Will was outside waiting for her. As soon as he saw her, he pulled her into a hug. "I don't think I could have lived with myself if something had happened to you. I know how much you meant to your parents and I don't think I could deal with losing all of you." Althea patted Will on the back as he opened up the car. "Also you have some visitors waiting for you." Althea peered in and saw Casey and April who practically pulled her into the car. "Oh my gosh you're okay", April said nearly squeezing the life out of her. "Yeah I'm fine but I'm still in pain", she replied as April released her. "Where are the guys?", Althea asked immediately. "They're back at the lair. They ran when we called the police. We were also taken into custody by your government people and now we're sworn to secrecy", Casey answered with a smirk. "Althea, you sure are one hell of a girl."

The three of them were dropped off at Althea's apartment. She had told them about her training in D.C and they helped her pack. She knew sooner or later she was going to have to tell Raph and she already knew he wasn't going to be happy about it. However, she wasn't expecting to tell him as early as she did. While they were sitting on the couch, there was a knock at the window. April opened it up and four turtles piled into Althea's apartment. As soon as Raph entered, he caught sight of her suitcase. "Where are you going now?", he asked in a huff. "I'm being sent out to Washington for my parents department", Althea said no longer caring to hide it. "What department? Why are they sending you?", he questioned. "Can't tell you and I don't know", she replied blankly. Raphael stood in front of her and got down to her level. "You alright? I know you're usually short with me but one sentence answers? this is a new low even for you." Althea sighed and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm just tired." He wrapped his arms around her and picked her up. He took her seat on the couch and sat her in his lap. "I love you even though you drive me absolutely insane", he whispered into her ear. Althea smiled. "I love you too."