Chapter 37

Finally things were at peace. The Decepticons were no where to be found and the turtles were transported back to NYC safely. It had been almost a week since they returned and Althea hadn't heard one word from Raphael or the turtles. She didn't blame him if he never wanted to talk to her again. She had lied to him on numerous occasions and she was keeping secrets. How did she expect to build a solid relationship? One thing was for sure, as soon as she landed in NYC tomorrow, she was going to talk to him. She wanted to make things right again and she was ready to tell him everything. However, first she had to make a few inquiries. Donnie usually was on his computer at this time. She sent him a quick IM message with not much hope at all. Who knows maybe none of them wanted to talk to her. Her team did knock them out. To her surprise, he replied a minute later. "We're home and we're safe. Raphael is.... hurt to say the least. He may need a few more days to cool down but I'll mention you to him and see where you can go from there. Give me a few minutes."

Althea waited patiently in her room for Donnie's reply. Her bags were packed and her plane ticket laid on her night stand. It had been over 10 minutes. She also didn't want to seem desperate though in all honesty, she was. Finally, the notification dinged on her computer. She opened it quickly to reveal a lengthy note. It read "So Althea I'm typing as Raphael is talking to me and some of it is not good. I'm just giving you what I feel he wants you to hear. So here it goes... For once in my life, I thought I had found someone who understood me. I've lived underground with my brothers with no way to the outside world. People would ridicule me, put me in a cage for their enjoyment. I trusted you and I thought you humans could be trusted. However, you've proved to me that it was a lie. I rushed into things with you because I thought you were different. No one had matched my temperament before but I realized that won't be enough. Althea, I don't know if I can ever trust you again. You leave the country with barely a trace and when we come to save your life, somehow we ended up back in NYC without you. I can't stop my brothers from talking to you but this is the last message you'll hear from me. You're a complicated girl. You're just too complicated for me."

Althea closed her computer softly and slipped it in her bag. She barely felt the tears as they slipped down her face. She had only herself to blame for all of this. After she returned to NYC, she would have no one but herself. Just like usual.  Though she had her Autobot friends, her life was empty again. However, the emptiness hurt even worse this time. All she wanted to do now was to go to sleep. She tossed and turned for an hour before sleep came like an old friend waiting with open arms.