Chapter 23

Althea awoke to a loud snore from a certain turtle next to her. She sighed and pushed Raph with everything she had. Once he was on his side, the snoring stopped. She had gotten used to him and his snores but that didn't make it any less annoying. She laid her head back on the pillow but found that she couldn't sleep. 'What to do, what to do', she thought to herself. Finally having had enough, she eased her way out of bed, making sure not to wake Raphael. Once she knew she was in the clear, she exited the room. Living with the turtles had been different but she had gotten used to it. She unconsciously, stepped over a pizza box and headed for the door. Nothing would stand in her way from the surface since everyone was asleep. She walked down the tunnel making sure not to step on anything that would give up her location. Also she made sure she had her phone because if Raphael woke up and she wasn't there, he'd most likely have a heart attack if her phone was still at the lair. She found one of the many exits to the surface and climbed up the small ladder Donnie had made for her. The air was refreshing as she opened up the man hole and climbed out. Her boots clicked a little on the pavement as she turned quickly onto the sidewalk. There was one place that would be open now and she made her way right to it.

Thea opened the door to Chris's Pizza Parlor on 3rd Street. She had grown up eating his pizza and he stayed open 24/7 so she thought she'd come for a slice. "Thea!", Chris said as soon as she opened the door. "I haven't seen you in forever little one." Althea sat herself up on one of the stools that faced the kitchen. "I know, I've been around though", she said giving him a weak smile. "You look tired Thea. Is there anything going on?", he asked already popping a new pizza in the oven. Althea knew it was for her since no one else was in the parlor. "Kinda, life has just been kinda hectic", she said swinging herself around. "Well I have something for you", he said reaching down on the counter. He handed her a large envelope with her name on it. "Some random dude came in and asked me to give it to you the next time I saw you", he started. "I told him I didn't know when that'll be since you haven't been here in a while but he insisted. Now here you are", he said happily. Althea could only nod as she opened up the envelope. Inside was a letter and another small envelope. She read the letter to herself. "Dear Althea Parker, Your assistance is needed at our base in Shanghai. I have enclosed a round trip ticket that leaves from LaGuardia Airport in 24 hours. Your driver Will will be outside your apartment 3 hours before departure. See you in Shanghai. Signed Director." Althea was taken aback by the news but she knew exactly where this letter was from. "Well Chris, I think I'll need that pizza to go."