{49}

"why isn't he answering?" jungkook sighed, slamming his phone onto the table.

"calm down, give him some space." hoseok told the boy, rubbing his shoulders lightly.

"i want to know what he meant, hobi." jungkook picked up his phone again, dialling taehyungs number.

"please pick up. please pick up. please pick up." jungkook kept muttering into the phone.

"the number you have tried calling is currently unavailable -." jungkook hung up with a groan.

"this boy." he yelled slightly, catching attention from random people.

"one last time or i'm going home." jungkook dialled taehyungs number once again.

"please stop ringing me." taehyungs voice flowed through, cracking slightly.

"have you been crying?" jungkook asked worried.

"what would it matter. you hate me." taehyung breathes in a shakey breathe

"i care about you still taehyung." jungkook told him.

"yeah, and i'm in love with you." taehyung answered.

"you don't think i remember what you told me when i was drunk, and how you left my house before i even woke up." jungkook excused himself from the table and left to stand outside the restaurant.

"i lied to you. i keep hurting you, i didn't want to take advantage of the situation because you were drunk."

"tae what did you mean about me kissing another boy." jungkook questioned.

"i don't know if it was you or not, but someone who looks like you was kissing another boy on the rooftop." taehyung sighed. "i thought it was you because we used to go there all the time."

"tae." jungkook breathed.

"i like when you call me tae." his voice turning shy.

"you're cute." jungkook laughed, feeling a warm sensation flow through his body.

"i miss you."

there was a long silence, neither boy knew what to say.

"i miss us." taehyung continued. "i miss how you'd hold me after not seeing you for a day. or the way your nose would scrunch up when i said something stupid. i miss your smell."

"tae." jungkook sighed, feeling tears gather in his eyes.

"i miss you so much jungkook. i really do."

"i didn't keep that money." taehyung sniffed. "i threw it back at the girls. i tried to end the bet when i fell in love with you, but they laughed saying i was being stupid and i couldn't love someone like you. but please believe me jungkook i love you."

"i also cried to jin. that's why he's been hanging out with me so much. i showed him a side of me, only you or yoongi have ever seen. he forgave me for being so stupid and i really appreciate him."

"i know you didn't want me to hang out with him but he was the only one would who listen to me. yoongi said i deserved to feel the pain for what i had done to you. hoseok was too busy trying to cheer you up. jimin he hit me, but i understand his intentions."

"namjoon forgave me, he had was mad at me. but all of my friends were there when the betting started. we just didn't know everyone would fall in love."

tears had managed to cascaded down jungkooks face.

"tae, oh my god." jungkook cried.

"please don't cry. i hate when you cry. i hate that i keep making you cry." taehyung started to panic, not knowing what he had done wrong this time to make jungkook cry.

"i'm going to come home soon so we can talk about this face to face." jungkook told him.

"can we do more than talking?" taehyung asked shyly.

"you're so precious." jungkook whispered, a huge smile spread across his face.

"i love you and i miss you. be safe." taehyung told jungkook.

"get some rest. don't skip meals and drink plenty of water, i'll be seeing you soon." jungkook told him.

"bye jungkook."

"bye taehyung."