Sat Date

•••

"Yo," Doyoung calls the girl clad in a blue sweater and black pants. She had her backpack on and phone in her hand. "Where are you going?" He glances at the clock on the wall. "It's a Saturday," he mumbles, eyeing her outfit from head to toe.

"...Um," she hesitates whether she should tell him. "I'm-I'm..." she glances at her wrist watch then looks at him with wide eyes. "Gonna be late!" She exclaims before storming out when the taller grabbed her backpack, stopping her from leaving.

"You didn't answer my question," he raises his eyebrows.

"I'm...um, you know. Um," she looks down, thinking of a petty excuse. "Oh, ah...yeah!" She snaps her fingers in his face. He doesn't even flinch.

"I'm library now going." She mentally rolls her eyes  at the wrong sequence of her whole sentence.

He just stares at her blankly–clearly not buying any of her lies.

"I...I, um, am gonna–"

"Doyoung sweetie!" Yells his mother from the kitchen. "Help me here," she peeks from the kitchen and signals for him to come to her. He looks at his mother then to his cousin then back to his mother.

"Alright," he sighs in defeat and lets go off her backpack. Eunseo lets a deep sigh–relieved she had gone pass Doyoung's interrogation. She glances back at the kitchen and sees her aunt standing there, giving her a playful smile.

"Have fun, dear!" She waves her hand and heads back to the kitchen. Eunseo nods even though the elder won't see it anyways.

"Why are you so nosy in other people's bussiness, Doyoung? Let the girl enjoy," she hears her aunt nags at her youngest son while he pouts his lips, dissatisfied. Hearing how supportive her aunt is, she leaves the house.

After a few minutes, Eunseo arrives at her destination. Jaehyun had texted her earlier to meet at the bus stop. She leans on the lamp post behind the bus stop, waiting patiently for him to arrive. She thought he would already be there because he has been urging her to come ever since last night.

Reminding her about their so called "date".

She feels her palms clam in sweat. Nervous. The last time she felt this nervous was the supposedly date with Kun–which failed miserably. She fixes her bangs and tighten her ponytail.

Then, she notices the tall boy with dark hair, dressed in a white sweater and black pants. Out of all coincidences, they just happen to be wearing matching outfits. Why does it turn this way? Eunseo questions her taste in outfits. Maybe her taste is similar to boyish style.

Jaehyun carries two cups in his hand. He sees her and his expression brightens. He holds the cups up high and sprints his way to her carefully. Once he reaches, he unknowingly laughs, out of embarrassment. He passes her one of the cups.

"For you," Eunseo grabs the cup and smells the drink. "How did you know I drink coffee?" She asks while looking at him. He scratches his head and chuckles nervously. "You're the only girl I know who drinks coffee." He smiles shyly, "You ordered it before too." She nods slowly, taking a sip of the coffee.

She glances at Jaehyun and caught him looking back at her. His ears immediately turned red and his pale skin blushed crimson. He bit his lower lip. Seeing the boy in front of her acting like this, she becomes much more shy and blushes too.