╰67th Catch╮

Mulai dari awal

As tears and emotions intertwine, she finds herself unable to hold back, venting her frustration by delivering punches against the hospital wall. She has no regard for anyone else but Lara. 

Sitting on the floor, she crumbles under the weight of her emotions, unmoved even when someone calls her.

"Arq..."

Subsequently, one of her best friends kneels in front of her to deliver an update. "We failed to catch that criminal. But we've launched an extensive investigation and man-hunt operation around Georgetown."

She pauses sobbing briefly to pay attention to her friend, Greco, who's kneeling in front of her.  "I'll hunt him down. I'll make him taste the hell in my hands before I finish him off completely," she asserts through her gritted teeth.

Hinawakan siya ni Greco sa kanyang balikat atsaka ito umiling. "Hindi magugustuhan ni Lara kapag gumawa ka ng masama." Payo nito.

She's aware that her friend's sole desire is to shield her from any mishaps. But with her clouded mind, she regards Greco's statement reprehensible, causing her to retaliate in a displeased manner,  "Do you know where she is, huh? How do you know she doesn't want me to kill that bastard? Nag-aagaw buhay ang girlfriend ko dahil sa tarantandong 'yon!" Muli na naman siyang napahagulhol. "Alam mo ba 'tong nararamdaman ko, Greco? "You'd feel the same urge for revenge if you were in my shoes," she sniffs. "I get it, it's easy for you to say things, and to believe we should leave it to the authorities to handle, instead. Wala ka sa kalagayan ko! Hindi mo alam kung ano'ng nararamdaman ko!"

Hindi na siya nakarinig pa ng tugon mula sa kaibigan. 

Paano maiintindihan ng mga ito ang sitwasyon niya gayong hindi pa nangyayari ang ganito sa buhay ng mga kaibigan? 

Sa totoo lang ay hindi niya inaasahang hindi niya makakayang kontrolin ang emosyon kapag na mismong sitwasyon na siya gaya ngayon. Hindi niya magawang makapag-isip nang maayos lalo na't nasa bingit ng kamatayan si Lara. At sa tuwing naiisip ito'y mas nag-aalab ang kanyang puso para maghiganti.

Wala siyang pagsisihan buhay man niya ang kapalit!

Lord, I don't usually ask for favors. But now, please. Let her live... I can't lose her... she prayed in silence.

Ilang sandali pa'y may lumabas ng doktor mula sa emergency room at hinanap nito ang kamag-anak ni Lara. Mabuti na lamang ay nakaalay sa kanya ang tatlong kaibigan sapagkat halos matumba siya sa pagmamadaling tumayo para makalapit sa doktor, na hindi niya inaasahang kakilala pala niya.

"Arq? I-is she your friend?" The doctor inquires, a hint of surprise evident on her face.

Wiping away her tears, she declares with resolute certainty, "She's my girlfriend."

The doctor nods before starts explaining, "Her vitals are still fluctuating. I recommend an immediate surgical intervention. Marami ng dugo ang nawala sa kanya kaya kailangan natin ng blood donor."

"A-ano po'ng blood type niya, doc?" Singit ni Andy kaya ito naman ang nagtatakang binalingan ng doktor.

Upon noticing the hesitation in the doctor's face, she reassures, "It's okay, doc. She's our friend."

"AB negative." Sagot ng doctor.

"P-po?" Sambit ni Andy.

She's just as startled as Andy. Lara's blood type is rare, as she knows that she isn't a suitable match.

"Hindi ako sigurado kung match kami pero willing akong magpa-test." Paniniyak ni Andy.

"We also want to see if we're a match," Brennan stated, a sentiment shared by Greco and Elijah.