"She's with Luke," I said, subconsciously gritting my teeth as I felt my stomach twist in disgust and betrayal. "She's with her fucking ex."

"I told you not to look, Jade," Jesy says, her hand finding my own as I felt her thumb softly rubbing the back of it. She nodded. "Do you want me to beat her up?"

I opened my mouth to speak up, then closed it for I was unsure of what to answer. A part of me wanted Jesy to back off and let me do the beating up, but then there's this part of me that wanted me to back off.

"No," I said. "Nobody is beating anybody here, alright?"

"Seriously?" Jesy scoffs, shaking her head in disapproval and vaguely pointing toward Perrie's direction. "She's with Luke, Jade. Luke. The Luke who stole your supposed-to-be wife, the Luke who took virtually everything and left you with nothing. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with that lovey-dovey brain of yours but I swear to Almighty that if I ever catch a glimpse of my ex-girlfriend lip-locking with her ex-boyfriend, I will not stop myself from striding towards her and beat her up--physically or emotionally."

"She's with Luke," I said. And then as if I've been slapped by the universe for not grasping the thought, I spoke again, louder this time. "She's with Luke. She left me at the altar . . . for Luke!"

Jesy smiled at me and nodded. "She's with Luke. Now tell me, what are you going to do about it?"

I swivelled to look at the pair once again, only to realize that they already left in an instant. At first I thought that whatever I saw out there was just some delusion or hallucination. But it wasn't. And then I realized that if I don't take this opportunity to tell Perrie how heartbroken she had made me feel, then there is no way I would have faced my fear anymore, which is to confront the love of my life.

"Jesy," I said, and Jesy looked at me expectantly. I stared back at her dead in the eye. "I'm gonna tell her that she's making a huge mistake."

"Finally!"

~•~•~

"Why did you invite Luke?" Perrie, who was conspicuously perturbed, paced back and forth across our small-halled living room until finally she stood still and spun around to meet my gaze. For a brief moment, I wished Perrie would resume walking around again because looking at her straight in the eye felt intimidating. "I thought that our wedding will be just us, that there won't be any history involved on our wedding day because this is going to be a new beginning for us! That our relationship history no longer exists because this is about our relationship. That we'll make our own goddamn history!"

"Perrie, I don't think inviting him wouldn't do anything wrong," I tried to convince her, and Perrie went back to pacing back and forth across the living room. "Perrie, he's still your friend. I mean, I don't get why it's such a big deal. You told me that you guys are in good terms now."

"That doesn't change the fact that he is still my ex-boyfriend, Jade. I haven't seen him in a long time and I don't plan on seeing him again," Perrie glared at me, still walking around. "We promised each other that there will be no exes because they will ruin our wedding! Sure, we're friends. But you can never know what his true motives are, Jade! I bet you just invited Luke so that you would find an excuse to invite that Maddie bitch, huh?"

"I'm marrying you, Perrie. I'm a hundred percent sure that that meant that I am devoted to you. I don't love Maddie that way and it's not like you're still in love with Luke, right?"

Perrie blinked slowly, seeming unsure of what to say. "O-of course, Jade. I'm in love with you and only you!"

Jesy convinced me to face the problem and right now, I am running towards Perrie's house, and at the same time trying to put all my overwhelming emotions in place until I talk to her.