"Hi, mom." Soobin greeted, and she pulled away from the hug. They found a table and sat down on it, and Soobin looked at them with a small smile on his face.

The least he could do is try.

"How's the company?" Soobin asked.

"Good. We're flying to Paris tomorrow for a meeting with an American company, you'll honestly love working there. Once you get out of school and do business." His mother said with a warm smile, squeezing his hand.

Soobin chuckled nervously. "Would you really want me working for your company, though? Can't really do much-"

"Yes. No questions about it, and you'll be married when you turn 24 or 25 to a girl from a business family and a nice one." His father said, and Soobin's breath hitched.

"Right. Anyways— I got an A in all my subjects-"

"Just an A? You couldn't get an A+?" His father asked, and Soobin looked at him with an annoyed face.

"I did! In Biology, English, and I think I got one in Science too!"

"Think?" His father cut off, and Soobin looked down, fiddling with his fingers in his lap.

"Well, I-I did some extra credit to get my grade up from A-"

There was a silence, his father check his own phone, so Soobin turn to look at his mom. "B-by the way, my art teacher puts one of my artworks in the exhibition she was holding, and many people saw it! T-they said it was really good, and it might go to the newspaper-"

"Don't waste too much time on all of that, Soobin. Spend more time on studying and improving more in academics." Soobin's father said sternly, and Soobin's face fell a little.

"Y-yeah, um... I a-actually like doing art. I mean, of course I focus on my studies too, but my teacher also said I'm really good at it. Well, I want art as my future career-"

"Art as a career? Are you losing your mind?!" Mr. Choi snapped, and Soobin tensed.

"Since when did you get so caught up in all this art stuff? Focus on what's important. Like football, I hope you haven't dropped that for all these girly things."

"But art wasn't just for girls!"

Soobin's mother sighed, "Sweetheart, Soobin always been interested in arts, ever since he was a kid. Okay, but anyways, show us your dorm room!"

Soobin nodded, getting up. He walked out of the cafeteria along with his parents. They began discussing some business-related thing, which Soobin didn't care about.

All he could think about was how his parents were so goddamn annoying and literally didn't care about him and his passion. They didn't even know anything about him.

He could feel himself getting angrier as he kept walking. How can they call themselves his parents when the only parental thing they've done is fund his education?

Maybe they should know.

They should know what happens when you ignore your child and force him into things he doesn't want to do.