I'm Nayo, that's who

When I first arrived at the palace, shock would be an understatement. I was stunned, the place was huge and not enough of that, it was in the sky on a small island, floating around. We took an air bore(see it as a kind of air balloon but mechanic) to get there, for a moment as we hovered in the air I forgot the handcuffs on my wrists and felt for the first time free, with the wind caressing my sore skin from all the beatings and the sun warming my cold limbs from staying in the darkness. But the moment was short lived as we soon arrived and the red coated man dragged me unto the island with the chain that was attached to my cuffs. I was the only slave he bought that day, god knows why he picked me.

As he dragged me to what looked like the slave dorms I was afraid the island would just crumble any seconds with every step I took. This was a huge palace on a floating island, a human can only take that much on one day.

We passed what looked like statues of dragons which was placed randomly on the parvis, human slaves and other servants was running around doing chores, oddly enough they seemed to be in peace with their situation. Pathetic worms, can't stand up for themselves.

My kind escort dragged me into the slave dorms, which was normal enough, beads and quilts, that's all we needed apparently, it wasn't much different than the orphanage. And then my escort went over the rules, he was an odd man indeed, with a red coat which made him stand out and a weird crooked mustache along with a red top hat. His voice was high pitched even though he wasn't really that small or maybe it was because I was only 4,6 feet.

"There are three rules you must follow at all times or there will be severe punishment:

1. Always listen to orders from a supernatural, no matter who it is.

2. Never talk back or disrespect.

3. Never draw attention while in masters presence.

Master hates to be disturbed, so don't annoy him, he's a merciless man and never takes pity. Any questions?"

My que, I raised my hand.

"Yes?" He asked with slight annoyance.

"Who is master?" I asked with all the innocence I could muster. The odd man sighed and shook his head.

"This is why I can't stand humans, they're all so stupid." He mumbled, probably thinking I can't hear or maybe he just didn't care.

"Master is the dragon king, also known as the head of the board." The odd man stated proudly with a smirk. So he's the enemy then.

"The rest of the rules you will learn as you go. I could give you a copy of them all, but it's not like you could read them."

Actually I could, but I wouldn't bother to waste time reading rules I'm just going to break.

"First things first, before you can start doing chores I will need to mark you."

Here it goes. Marks is given to all slaves. The mark is a number and two letters, the number will be your name and the two letters stands for who you belong to. To make the mark you'll need a device which has a small needle which will pierce your skin, through the needle a kind of magic substance flow, which will form the mark. In other words the mark is made inside and fills the pores till it's visible on the outside. The magic substance keeps count on how many slaves the master has and therefore there are no slave with the same number. And the mark is usually found on the neck.

"Number: 2361ZA. Great, now you can start working, just off with the cuffs and I'll get the head maid..." The cuffs fell to the floor and I made a run. Now it was more of an instinct than a choice to escape. I've taken every opportunity, and I won't stop now.