twelve.

I quickly hid my lower body behind the door.

"I can't deny you if you have a warrant officer, but would you mind waiting a minute ? I kind of don't have on any undergarments" I said, while averting my gaze to the floor.

She nodded her head. "Of course Ms. Sanchez"

I closed the door and tip toed to Yazmine.

"I need you..to go upstairs..and into the wall room..then go downstairs.. to your sanctuary. Don't open any other doors and don't go anywhere else" I whispered.

She jetted up the stairs, leaving me to think through things with this friggin cop.

Why does she have a warrant to search MY house? I've never had an offense or a run in with the law.

They don't even know Yazmine is here.

Unless Sij'hana talked. She had to! What the friggin heck!

I took a deep breath and fixed my joggers, then opened the door.

"Should I search downstairs first ma'am ?"

-

I closed the door to the wall room and was met with chilling silence and perpetual darkness. I felt around for a lightswitch and finally found one.

Once again, I'm in the chamber. It doesn't smell like old blood anymore but its still creepy.

I press my ear up against the wall in hopes of hearing what's going on but I hear nothing. I think it's soundproofed. Perfect.

I walk down the stairs into the lower level like Lee asked me and I see the mirrors again. My reflection.

It's changed so much since I've met Lee. I don't know if that's good or bad. I just feel like I've changed. A lot.

Through one of the mirrors I peep a door.

What's behind that ?

Lee's words play in my head...

"Don't open any other doors and don't go anywhere else"

Why would she tell me this knowing how curious a bitch is ?

I turned around and made my way to the door. I felt for the knob and it was cold. I turned it and it boom. It was locked.

Of course it was locked! I'm hoping that down here I can find some clues, something to tell me where the fuck I am.

I just decide to settle on sitting down, only getting up when I build enough courage to break that damn door down.

-

"So you live alone ?"

I was growing extremely irritated. This waffle cone shaped cop had already checked my entire house and now she was asking me the same questions over and over.

"Yes.. I live alone" I seethed while gritting my teeth.

She rubbed her chin and took the liberty to sit her fat ass down on my couch. Now I have to disinfect the whole thing. Who knows the last time water made contact with her bum.

"So..no one lives here..in this residence.. with you ?"

I squinted my eyes and clenched my jaw so hard my teeth hurt.

Is it me or did she just rephrase what she just fucking said ?

"I. Live. Alone!!! Did I say that simple enough for you or are two syllable words too much for your peanut sized brain to handle?" I asked while crossing my arms.