five.

It's been 3 days since I pushed her down the stairs. I check on her everyday, twice a day. I bring her water and two pieces of bread. Both of her legs and her right arm are broken. She cracked a rib and I think she fractured her skull. She's alive. She'll live.

She's doing really good with it though. She's not complaining, not asking for much. Actually she's not asking for anything at all. She cringes at the sight of me.

I never wanted that type of reaction from her. I wanted her to be happy to see me... to eventually love me. Doesn't she see that I don't want to hurt her ?!

It's this voice in my head ! It's evil...insidious. It made me push her. Yazmine is literally the sun I orbit my world around. I never want to hurt her. I need to control this voice before it kills her.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my doorbell rings.

What the...?

Nobody ever rings my doorbell. Nobody even knows where I live. I hesitate on answering because who could that be ??

I get up from the couch and slowly stride over to the front door. They start pounding again and I mutter a slur or curse words regarding their impatience.

I peep through the peephole and it's the police.

Calm down, Calm down. It's ok. Don't look suspicious. Just answer the door.

But what if I mess up and stutter or su-

Don't think like that!! You don't want them to take our precious Yazmine do you ?

The voice is right. They can never take Yazmine. I brush my self off and open the door.

It's two husky female cops and a skinny male cop. Great.

"Hi how may I assist you ?" I ask in the sweetest voice possible.

The male cop steps forward and put his hands in his pockets,

"Yes we're just doing a door to door with every resident in this community. It appears that your neighbor, Ms. Yazmine Cole has mysteriously disappeared but we're leaning it more towards a kidnapping. I know nobody in this community would ever do such a thing but we're just asking you to keep an eye out for her." He stepped back and I nodded my head. But inside, my mind was in a frenzy. I sent those letters to her parents ! Why is this happening?

"Wait why are y'all looking for her ? She told me she was going on a tour of the world. To explore what life has to offer before she starts her career as a lawyer. She told me she sent letters to her parents also. Wait have you even contacted them ?" I asked irritated.

These folks knocking at my door without gathering all the information. Just...shitty! Oops. Sorry for swearing but that really bugged me.

"Oh well...we haven't contacted her parents so we weren't aware that she sent out letters" The male cop looked down nervously and twiddled his fingers.

"So you send out a whole neighbor search before you even call her parents ? Isn't that cop protocol ??" I lowly shout while tapping my foot. These cops are disgraceful.

One of the females cops is studying me. Eyeing me mighty hard. Yep it's time to end this conversation.

"Well..um...see..."

"Yeah have a nice day. Good luck on finding her. She's probably somewhere in Brazil" I slam my door and walk back to the kitchen.

I'm not good with cops but here they come knocking at my door. Then the other cop was just staring me down. If they knock again through suspicion then I won't answer. Fuck it.

I pace back and forth through the kitchen then decide on going to fix Yaz up. I grab the kit and walk to the basement.

It smells like grime and must and I literally can't stand it. I run back upstairs and grab a mask out the bathroom. Much better.

I run back downstairs and approach Yaz. She's face down, sprawled out and snoring lightly. Its cute though she looks like she's in pain. Yikes.

I tap her head a few times and she wakes up. When she sees me she whimpers and tries to scoot away.

"Stop moving Yaz I won't hurt you" I whisper. She stops moving immediately and closes her eyes. Ah she's learning.

"Look, I know you're in a lot of pain right now so I'm going to let you heal in my room ok ? You need a bath too. You haven't bathed in over 2 weeks. Here let me help you up" I put my hands up to try and pick her up and she hesitates.

She probably thinks I'm going to throw her down the stars again. I promise I won't.

"I'll never throw you down the steps again. I promise" I say. I never break a promise. I won't do it again. She flinches but nods her head. Good girl.

I pick her up bridal style and carry her upstairs to my room. She looks surprised that I'm actually bringing her up here. I mean no ones ever seen my room.

"Do you want to take a nap or take a bath?" I ask. She relaxes in my arms.

"Bath. Please." she says weakly. My heart aches for her. I feel so bad. I nod and lay her down on the bed.

"I'm going to run your bath water then I'll fetch you some aspirin and water. I'll try and cook for you too. Will this make you feel any better?" She nods and gives me a small smile.

A smile ? Ah man. I feel my heart ease up a lil bit.

I walk into the bathroom and run some water and add some vanilla suds. Ahh I love the smell of vanilla.

I inhale the lovely smell for a second then go and get the aspirin and a cold bottle of water.

I walk back upstairs and she's sound asleep. So cute.

I pick her up and carry her to the bathroom. I think she's awake now. I sit her on the toilet and stare at her before I remember the task at hand.

"Um you need to get undressed to get in the tub Yaz. Do you want me to leave ?" I ask. She mumbles a 'yes' and I leave.

I mean I've seen her naked plenty of times so what the big deal ?

She doesn't know we've seen her.

Oh yeah. Whatever.

I sit on my bed and contemplate what I should tell her when I get out. I know what I'll do. I'll promise to not hit her anymore. Yeah. This time it'll be true.

"Um.. Kidnaper person!?" She yells. I chuckle. What kind of name is that?

I walk back to the bathroom and peep my head in.

"Come up with a better name for me Yaz. But wassup?"

"Um... Can I call you Lee ? and I need help getting out the tub" She shrugged weakly.

Whoa Lee is really close to my name. Is that purely coincidence or does she know me?

"Yeah you can call me Lee. I like it and ok"

I grab a towel out the closet and carefully pick her up out the tub. She whimpers and I try to be more careful.

I put her in my bed and get my coconut oil.

"You mind if I put this on you? It'll help your skin. I won't touch your areas if it makes you uncomfortable" I assure her. She nods her head and I proceed in oiling her body.

Her skin is so soft, like silk. I've never felt her skin before. When I'm done I can see the sleepy I her eyes and I tel her to go to sleep.

She knocks out and I get in the bed and watch her. So pretty and feeble. Fragile. Mine.

I pull the covers over her head and get ready for work. I hope I can leave her at home and nothing happens.

[End Of Chapter] 😌

I didn't edit so excuse me 🙂 . I know this chapter was shitty too but I have better ones approaching. Lo siento!

Comment, Vote. Peace and Love - mykal💙