Chapter 16 (revised)

Start from the beginning

"Why are you ways choosing him over me?" When he says this I can hear a girls voice in the back ground tell him that she wouldn't choose anyone over him. He'd always be at the top of her list.

"My God Tyler, I'm not choosing anyone over you. I'm just not about to leave here and come meet up with you at a bar when you are already wasted. Why don't you just go home and sleep it off and I'll come see you in the morning?"

"Not happening. If you're not coming over then I'm not leaving here. I'm having too much fun with my new friends." He says. "Hold on one second love."

As I'm waiting I can hear a girl in the background say, "Would you get off the phone and come back to me. I'm getting lonely over here by myself." And then I hear Tyler tell her to shut up before she gets him in trouble. A minute later he is back on the phone.

"Sorry love I had to deal with something here."

"Who was the girl you where talking to and what's going on over there?"

"Nothing love, that's just some girl that Tom knows."

"Don't lie to me Tyler I heard what she told you." I say raising my voice.

"This is stupid. Are you going to come over or not?" He asks.

"No I'm not. I already told you that. Plus it doesn't sound like I'm needed. I think you already have all the company you need."

"Whatever Amelia. You're really being a selfish whore! Leading Austin on while dating me, who does that?"

"Tyler I'm going to say goodbye before you can say anything else you might not remember in the morning. I hope that the way you feel and the fun you're having now is worth what you're giving up by acting his way." I say tears coming to my eyes. "When you wake up in he morning and want to call me, don't because I'm done. I care about you, but I will not be treated this way again."

With that I hang up and the tears start to fall. I am sitting there on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands, when I hear the door of the room open and then close. I feel Austin wrap his arms around me and tell me it's going to be alright. Eventually he pulls away and cups my face in his hands wiping my tears away. He looks at me for a moment before finally speaking.

"Are you alright?"

"I don't know." I answer honestly.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not really. I'm sorry for ruining your welcome home night."

"Nonsense. It's not your fault he's acting like an idiot."

"I just don't understand. Why is he acting this way?"

"Sweetheart, tell me what he said." Austin says taking a seat beside me on the bed.

"Promise me you won't get mad."

"I'll try, but I can't promise."

"Long story short, he's mad because I won't come to his place to have sex and called me a selfish whore."

"He did what?" Austin yells while standing from the bed. "I'm going to kill that idiot. He has no right to call you or any other woman that, for any reason.".

"Austin please calm down." I say going to stand in front of him. "I told him not to call me when he wakes up in the morning, that I was done."

"Good, because you deserve better than that."

"I know, it just hurts. I didn't think that I could get so attached to someone so quickly. I really do care for him, a lot."

"I know, but things will get better. I promise." He says wrapping me in his arms once more. "Mia can I ask you a personal question without you getting mad."

"Yes, you can ask me anything."

"I know it's really non of my business, but did you and Tyler ever sleep together?"

I just shake my head no against his chest and feel his arms tighten around me. Standing in his arms makes me realize that everything will work out how it's suppose to in the end. This has to be the safest and most comfortable place on earth. Several minutes later I pull away from him and look up to his face.

"Thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Always." He whispers and kisses my forehead. "You tired?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"Probably." He smirks.

"Well are you?"

"I could sleep."

"Okay well I'll just go and you can sleep. I'll come back over tomorrow after you've rested." I say turning to walk into his bathroom to change back into my clothes.

"Stay." He says grabbing onto my wrist.

"What?"

"It's already late, so why don't you just stay with me tonight? I mean it's not like you haven't stayed over before."

"Okay." I say. I don't know why but I feel nervous all of the sudden.

Austin still holding my wrist, leads me over to the bed and helps me in. He then climbs in on his side and pulls me to his chest wrapping me back in his arms. I place my one arm around him and my head on his chest. I can already tell I am going to sleep good tonight. I forgot just how comfortable his bed and arms are, since it's been a while since I've stayed here. As I'm falling a sleep I feel Austin kiss my forehead and tighten his hold on me. I can't help but think about his question earlier. If asked again, would I kiss Austin?"