01. Don't Make Much Ado About Nothing

This is so dumb.'

Marshmallow toyed with a Martian rock as she mused. The rock itself was almost the same as an Earth rock, it just happened to be red and very, very cold. It was the very opposite of being set on fire.

'All of the burning, the shouting, the spite... It was all so pointless.'

Marsh tossed the rock into the air once; in slow motion, it fell back into her hand.

'The fact we legitimately didn't realize it until later is... actually, a bit annoying.'

Marsh squeezed the rock; bits of its oxidized surface clung to her hand. Marsh pulled a face and flung as many pieces as she could off of her hand. "Ewww!"

The sound didn't even echo; it felt like it was sucked into the emptiness of space, hardly audible to even herself.

'I guess we're both just big idiots. If she'd just told me what made her mad sooner, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. We've been so rotten to each other over a bunch of nothing.'

It was stifling.

"Is this what it's like to be alone? Gee, I... how could Apple stand this?" She cringed at how quiet it was, but continued her speech. "It's... a wonder we made up in the first place, honestly... If nobody comes to save me, at least I won't be remembered just for fighting with Apple."

'But still, I wanted the opportunity to bond with her. To put this truly behind us and be friends... A truce is just the start.'

She bounced to her feet. "Okay, universe. I want you to let me survive this so I can be friends with Apple! If I can't at least do that, maybe it's better off that I just stay here!"

She just collapsed back onto the Martian surface after that, hugging her knees close and hoping for the best.

And, just when she began feeling the effects of a lack of oxygen, she caught a glimpse of metal, and then a familiar voice beckoned her to come aboard, that they'd won the challenge, that they had to get her back to Earth.

That, in her own mind, cemented her path with regards to a certain rivalry. Their truce would be one to last.