Chapter 5 - You Should Open Your Eyes

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so I won't be able to upload for over a week D: And thanks for reading this everyone! It makes me feel great! But I really need more feedback! Please! I don't know if i"m doing a good job or not :/ Please help me out!

Enjoy(:

~

Chapter 5

~

How did I get myself into thisI wondered as I pulled up in front of Ella's house. I walk to her front door and ring the doorbell. The door swings open a moment later and Ella stand there wearing a black skirt and pink blouse with her hair pulled into a pony tail. She opens the door wider for me to come in then shuts it behind me. At least she's a good host, I thought as she led me to the sitting room and offered me tea which I just as kindly refused.

After taking a sip of her tea, Ella looks up at me and says, "Alright, Louis. Time to discuss guidelines."

Last night, when Ella had tole me how I can keep my secret...well, a secret, she told me she'd explain it all tomorrow at six pm sharp. So, here I sit at a quarter after six. "Guidelines?" I ask.

"Yes. For us dating."

I snorted. "Ella, you know I'll never like you. Why are you trying to force me to? And by blackmail?!"

Ella rolled her eyes. "I'm not dumb, Louis. I know that there's no chance of you actually fancying me. But, if you want to keep your secret quiet, then you'll have to play along."

"I don't understand..." I said, nervously. Things were getting fishy.

"We aren't actually going to date. We'll simply fool everyone into thinking we are. And I mean everyone."

"Hold up," I said, putting my hands up. "You want me to lieTo everyone? My family the fans, Zayn, Liam, Niall? Harry? Why?"

"Just consider it our little secret," she said, winking. "Obviously I'm doing this for personal gain. If I date you, I'll get a raise at work, people will recognize me everywhere I go, I'll be practically famous."

FameShe wants me to lie to the world for fame? Doesn't she know how difficult fame is? Never alone, everything you do is recorded, and all privacy is lost. Not to mention all the hate she'll receive.

I must have been giving her a pretty dumb look because she rolled her eyes. "Louis, Louis, Louis. Everyone wants to be famous. This is my chance to be. You've simply got to play along and we'll trick the world into thinking we're a couple."

"And if I say no?"

"Then your secret's out. Simple as that." This seemed less like a deal and more like blackmail.

"Can I tell the lads?" I asked. I desperately didn't want to lie to them, but mostly I don't want this secret out. I need to know all the rules so I don't break any and have my secret exposed.

"No. Or your family. Even your damn diary. We're 'dating', alright? So we have to act like we are to absolutely everyone."

I rubbed my hands up and down my face. This is the worst mess I've ever gotten myself into. I'm a horrible liar and Zayn has a sixth sense of being able to tell if someone is lying. How am I supposed to get past him? And Niall will be near impossible to lie to. He always wants to help and hates liars nearly as much as I do. He loves making people happy and I'll have to fake happiness. Then Liam knows I've fallen for Harry and that I don't like Ella. How am I supposed to convince him otherwise? He'll be so confused and want to get to the bottom of it, but what would I tell him? And then there's Harry. Every day already, I have to hide my feelings from him, lying constantly, and now I'll be lying even more. I don't want to lie to him as it is, but now I've got to double the things I'm hiding from him. He doesn't deserve to be lied to. And at times, he can read me like an open book. How am I supposed to hide all this from him? I'm already terrified most of the time that he'll discover my true feelings about him. Then there's my family. I've never lied to my family, especially about something this big. Mum will figure me out in a blink. And lying to millions of people daily? Telling them I'm dating a girl that I truly can't stand. My poor girls. It'll just break their hearts that I'm seeing someone.