--Chapter Thirty-Three--

Kaira's POV

Zane makes me so indescribably mad. And yet, at the same time, happy. Wait, what?

I don't understand it. He just restrained me in here like a wild dog and I am stuck up on how he makes me feel happy? What is wrong with me? I am losing my mind. But, what if...

Yes. It must be him. He is using me again and making me feel like this! That is the only possible reason for my feelings. So, he wants to play that way, huh? Well, no reason to keep it in the dark any more than.

"Zane!" I yell, trying to get his attention.

He slowly looks up at me, a peeved expression on his face. He raises one of his eyebrows slightly as if he is waiting for me to explain why I interrupted him.

"I need to talk," I state plainly. There is no sense in walking on eggshells. I might as well get straight to the point.

His interest seems slightly peaked and he sets down the whatever he was holding. He rises from his chair and presses a button on the control panel to open the door, all the while keeping his eyes on me.

Once he is right in front of me, he crosses his arms and finally says something. "What?"

"I need to know something," I say. He better answer me. I need to know why he is doing this. Hasn't he already done enough to me?

"Go ahead then."

"Why are you making me feel this way? I hate it, and I want you to stop," I blurt, just getting it over with. I am slightly embarrassed as I tell him, but I can't seem to figure out why. I mean, he's the one doing it, so why is that embarrassing?

His forehead scrunches up and he narrows his eyes slightly, as if he is confused. "What do you mean?" Really? You are going to play dumb with me? I know this is you!

"What did you put inside me, Zane?" I ask again. I won't give up until he tells me what I want to hear.

Still, he looks confused. He seems to be searching his mind for an answer, but then he taps his chin quietly. "I don't know what you are talking about."

I force out a choked laugh. "Really? I think that's an outright lie. Now tell me the truth!"

As always, thank you guys for reading! <3

Kaira's POV: Ithildae