--Chapter Twenty-Five--

Kaira's POV

"I don't understand," I mumble. It truly cannot be possible.

"We have harvested an emotion from your brain in liquid form," he clarifies. Liquid form? Emotion?

"And why are you telling me this?" I ask suspiciously. I still don't trust him one bit, even if he is acting decent right now.

He seems unsure of that himself, and takes a moment before answering. "I'm trying to help, I guess."

"Why? Why would you help me in any way?" I demand.

"I don't know."

"You know, no matter of civilized conversations and sweet talk will make me like you," I tell him icily.

"I'm not trying to make you like me. Just-"

"Cooperate?" I finish, "Yeah, that's not going to happen. I don't care why you are doing what you are, but it doesn't change the fact that you kidnapped me and murdered my family."

"Like I said before, we are going to continue this with or without your consent," Zane repeats. He seems so calm and collected and I hate it. This is serious and he is just treating it like it's nothing!

I clench my fists and tighten my stance. I know it is foolish and I should just give up already, but I don't want to. I can't after everything that has happened. It's almost as if my family is watching and I just can't let them down. I have to keep fighting.

"Do what you must, but I won't go without a fight," I say quietly. I must do all I can.

Zane sighs loudly. "I had hoped that you would change your mind."

"I don't understand how you can justify any of this! How can you convince yourself that it is okay to do this to people? I am a human being!" I shout. "And you may be stronger than me, but I have something you don't. I have a conscience," I snap.

"We're really going to have to make this so much harder than it needs to be?"

I don't answer, but keep my fists tight, prepared to fight.

I'm getting better at updating! :D Hope you guys are enjoying this story still! :)

Kaira's POV: Ithildae