《 8 》

Cassidy's P.O.V

"Welcome to Versus!" Jack yells into the mic, the rest of us cheering around him.

"Today we have our lovely Brit Gavino Free!" The camera zooms in close to Gavin's face, making him laugh. 

"How are you feeling today Gavin? Think you'll be able to win?" Jack asks, handing him the mic.

"Um, I'm feeling good. I think I have a fighting chance considering who I'm up against." He smirks, glancing over at me and the guys 'ooo' loudly, making me roll my eyes.

"Those are some fighting words Free, let's hear from your competitor Ms. Cassidy Morgan!" Jack says as the camera switches over to me.

"How are you feeling Cassidy?" Jack asks, handing me the mic as well.

"I'm feeling great actually, I've done up a little research on Gavino over there and I think I've got this in the bag." I say, crossing my arms. 

"Damn, she's good" Jeremy says and Michael merely nods, a smirk lining his lips. 

"Alright, just like always, the runner ups get to pick the games. So Cassidy, what do you have for us?" Jack asks and I smile brightly before making my way over to Michael's desk. 

"Well, after watching many videos, I've decided on . . " My voice trails off tapping on Michael's controller for it to set.

"Big Buck Hunter Arcade!" I say excitedly and it goes quiet for a moment before the guys burst in a fit of laughter.

"You laugh now, but Cas and I grew up on hunting games and she always beat my ass at them." Michael chuckles, shaking his head slightly.

"How do you feel about this selection Gavin?" Jack asks, handing the mic to Gavin. He looks back down at the screen with a sigh before laughing.

"It can't be that hard, right?"

Thirty Minutes Later

"And Cassidy wins!" Jack exclaims loudly, causing the guys to cheer as Gavin throws his down onto the desk. 

"Dammit!" He yells as Ryan carries over the trophy and belt, he hands them to me and I hold the two up in victory. 

"Tune in next time where Cassidy goes up against our psycho Ryan Haywood." Jack says as the camera goes over to Ryan, who merely narrows his eyes towards Jack before the camera was shut off.

Once the excitement was over, the guys start to get ready for a new lets play. I place the trophy and belt back to their place next to the couch, knowing I had zero space back at my own office. I say a quick goodbye to the guys, making my way back to my office since Trevor had asked me to do some extra editing today. 

I walk out of the office and see Gavin by the back exit, not even realizing he had left the room until now. I narrow my eyes slightly, watching as he talks on the phone with whomever.

"Yes honey, I know. I just-" 

"-Baby, please we'll figure-" 

"-Turney, please I love-" He pulls the phone away from his ear with a huff, angrily shoving it back into his pocket.

He stands there for a moment before pushing the back door open and walking out. I watch as the door slams shut behind him, contemplating whether or not I should go after him to see if he was okay. 

After a minute, I decide to just go back to my desk and finish up my editing, knowing that if I was in his place, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone right now.

¤ ¤ ¤  

A few hours later, I watch Gavin quickly make his way to his office, with everyone with their eyes glued to their computers, they didn't see his blotchy red eyes.

After ten minutes of contemplating, I curse under my breath and pause my video. I slip my headphones off and onto my desk before standing up and walking over. I know on his door, listening closely for a response, but after not getting one, I just let myself in.

I push the door open, seeing him sitting as his desk with his head curled up into his arms as if he was sleeping, sniffling quietly to himself.

"What the bloody hell do you want?" He groans, not leaving the safety of his arms.

"Gavin?" I ask in a small voice and I only get a sigh in response.

"I realize I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but I wanted to see if you were okay." I say and he laughs bitterly, picking his head up and turning to me.

"Do I look like I am okay Cassidy?" He asks, tears streaking his reddened cheeks.

"Sorry, I guess that was a dumb question to ask." I mumble, messing with my hands as he merely scoffs.

"Do you need anything? I could-" "You know what I want?" He asks loudly, cutting me off. 

"I would really love for you to walk out of my office, and leave me the fuck alone." He says and my eyes widened slightly, taken back by his outburst.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just thought I could help out." I say, putting my hands up in defense as I tried to keep my cool.

"News flash! I don't need your fucking help, now leave." He snaps and I huff, making my way over to the door and pulling it open.

"I don't even know why I tried with you." I grumble before walking out.

Gavin's P.O.V

After work, I rode an Uber home. Meg usually picks me up, but after calling her for the .twentieth time and it going straight to voicemail, I knew she wasn't coming. I hold my jacket close to my body as I walk up out front steps, pulling out my house key. I shove my key into the bolt lock and turn it, but it wouldn't give. 

My eyebrows furrow slightly as I take my key back out, making sure I had the right one before shoving it back into the bolt and trying again. 

Still locked. 

I huff, shoving my keys back into my pocket before knocking on the door and waiting, but I got no reply. I try a few more time with no luck so finally result to pounding on the door until hearing the lock click.

"Turney, what are on about? Did you change the locks?" I ask, trying to walk past her into the house but she stops me. 

"Gavin, I'm kicking you out." She says, avoiding eye contact as my mouth drops.

"Your stuff is sitting in the garage, you can as one of the guys pick you up." She says slowly, going to shut the door, but I stop her.

"Meg, please. We can talk this through, we can work this out." I plead, my voice cracking slightly as she simply shakes her head.

"Gavin, we cant keep leaving like this. It hurts to do this but we can't live like this." She says, her eyes glistening with tears.

"We just need some time away from each other for right now." She says, composing herself as a tears cascades down my cheek.

She looks at me before placing her hand on my cheek, wiping away the tear. She leans in, placing a small kiss to my lips before slowly pulling away.

"Goodbye Gavin."

《 A/N 》

Shorter chapty today becuase Im stressing over testing :/

-rebekah