《 26 》

Cassidy's P.O.V

I walk into work, a pounding headache and a coffee in hand. Being alone in the apartment meant no one could stop me from drinking my night away, so that's exactly what I did.

"Good morning!" Kara says cheerfully, a big smile dancing on her lips.

"Good morning Kara . . " I yawn, sliding my sunglasses up on to the top of my head.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" I ask, squinting my eyes at the bright light above me as her eyes widen slightly.

"Oh! Um-Nothing! Just had a bit too much coffee." She says quickly, making my eyebrows furrow at her.

"Oh, okay?" I say, but it came out more of a question.

"Well, I'll see you la-" "Oh! Make sure you see Geoff sometime today! He-um-needed to speak to you about something."She stammers and I narrow my eyes at her.

"Okay, thank you for telling me." I say, slowly stepping away towards the hallway.

"See you later!" She calls out as I walk into the hallway.

"That was a bit strange." I mumble to myself, taking a sip of my coffee.

By the time I had made it to my desk, I simply shrugged off the incident with Kara as nothing. I sigh loudly, placing my coffee down onto my desk.

"Rough night?" Mica asks, slipping her headphones down onto her neck as I laugh slightly.

"Is it obvious?" I ask, plopping down into my seat.

"Not really, you just look tired." She says simply as I grab my sunglasses and fold them up back into my purse.

"I guess that means I'm hiding my hangover pretty well then." I say happily, making her laugh. 

"Hey, when you're free, Geoff needs to talk to you." She states as I turn on my computer.

"Yeah, Kara mentioned that to me. Was she acting weird around you this morning?" I ask, pulling my phone out of my back pocket and setting it on my desk.

"Kara? What? Pfft no, I thought she was acting normal. Why?" She asks fast, her whole demeanor changing in a blink of an eye.

"No reason." I say, giving her a questionable look and she starts to mess with one of the rings on her finger, something she did when she was nervous.

"Are you okay?" I ask in a small voice, leaning in slightly.

"Yeah, of course! Why do you ask?" She asks, avoiding eye contact.

"I don't know, you just seem-" "I'll be back, nice talking!" She calls out, cutting me off as she stands up and scurries away towards the Achievement Hunter office

I sat there for a moment, completely confused before simply shaking my head, slipping on my headphones to hopefully block out everyone else.

¤ ¤ ¤  

By the time lunch had rolled around, I was beyond pissed. My computer had crashed probably six times before I grabbed Ryan from his work because I didn't trust myself trying to fix it and end up punching the monitor in.

It also didn't help that whenever I left my desk to go to the bathroom or to the kitchen, someone had to remind me that Geoff asked to see me. But when I happened to ask what it was for, they all start freaking out like they're high.

I stood by my desk, tapping my foot impatiently at Ryan, who was on the ground messing with the cables. 

"You know, since you're not doing anything, you could-" "Yes I know, I could go fucking see Geoff." I snap, cutting him off.