Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Edited!

It all started on my birthday. That day was suppose to be perfect, the day everyone loves; well everyone but me that is.

I had just turned six and like all my other birthdays, my mother promised to read to me. I was excited of course.

"Thank you, mummy! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed, bouncing and giddy.

"It's ok, sweetie. Now go jump in bed, I'll go get the book." She said, doing her closed eyed smile I loved.

"Ok, mummy." I giggled as I turned around and ran to my room. I jumped in bed and waited patiently for her.

After a little while had passed, I looked at the clock and saw it had been 5 minutes since I got in bed; but I still waited for her. That was until I heard a scream and it sounded like,

"Mummy!" I exclaimed. I then heard footsteps running in the direction of my door. In response, I hid under my covers, scared of what might come through the door.

I got even more scared when the footsteps stopped right outside my door. Just when I started tearing up, the door slammed open. I didn't want to know who was there but once I heard "Elizabeth!!" I knew I was going to be safe.

I instantly threw the covers off of me. I then saw my mother; she was all bloody and had cuts and bruises littering her body. I quickly ran to her and hugged her. "Mummy, I'm scared; what's going on?" I cried out, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"It's ok, Elizabeth." She whispered, voice soothing. "Now listen to me," her voice became serious as she crouched down to my height. "Some bad people are here and you have to run as far away as you can from here; can you do that?" Tears were pooling in her eyes.

"Yes, mummy." I hiccuped, still crying.

"I think she went this way!" The yell suddenly came, the voice I didn't recognize. Then banging footsteps started running down the hallway we were at.

"Come on," she said, hurriedly pulling me. We ran down the hallway. When we were running I heard them shooting at us.

When we were so close to the door more people ran in front of us, aiming their guns at us. We turned and ran to the stairs. We ran down a hallway and it came to a dead end. When we turned around, there they were so many people there, all aiming guns at us. At this point I was terrified to no end. Mother picked me up and smashed through the window. I screamed, holding onto her.

Then the wind stopped and I looked at her and saw she had snow white wings that had sprouted from her back. I stopped crying knowing we were safe now.

"Elizabeth, get your wings out." She ordered.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Just do it, please." She begged, tears streaming down her blood-stained cheeks.

"Ok," was my reply and I started to open my wings. I finally managed to get my wings open. Then I heard mother scream. "Mummy, are you ok?!" I looked at her, worry clear in my voice and expression.

"Yes," she replied, panting, strain in her voice. "Elizabeth, when I count to 1; fly. Fly as far away from here and never look back, do you understand?"

"Yes, mummy; but I have to ask..." I said, looking into her glazed eyes.

"What is it, darling?" She asked.

"Where's daddy?" My question was simple but it was important.

"It's okay; he's down in the house making all the bad people go away." She said, a soft, reassuring smile on her lips.

"Oh... ok then." I said hesitantly, feeling something was wrong.

"Okay, are you ready now?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said quietly.

"Ok. 3... 2...1! Go!" She shouted. She threw me in to the air and when I looked back, she was falling to the ground. I wanted to go back to help her so badly, but I remembered she told me to go. So I flew higher and farther away from there; and I hoped to see my mother and father again one day.

-

Little Elizabeth in Media!

There you go, the first chapter. It's short I know but I didn't know when to stop that would make sense, so I left it there. I hope you liked it and it was good. So vote and leave a comment on what you think of it. So BYEEEEE :3

Edited by Fluffycloud26