Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I don't know why I did it but I did. I ran. The thought of running away from home had never crossed my mind before; I was too happy to think about ever doing something like that. Know that I think about it, I guess the reason why I did was to have some time alone. I know I could've had time alone in my room but I guess I just wanted to spend time alone in the forest.

Ever since I first arrived in this forest years ago, I realized that the forest made me calm. It was very helpful in the first few years staying at Slendy's. I would be quiet and distant from everyone except Slendy; I was a real cry baby as well. Slendy would usually find me crying in my room and when he asks me why I was crying, every time I said 'I miss mummy and daddy'.

A clap of thunder brought me from my thoughts and then the rain came back. I had drowned out the rain when I was in my thoughts and had forgotten it was there. The rain pounded on the ground and hit me like shards of glass. It had started raining when I was arguing with Slendy and by the time I had gotten off the floor, it had turned into a thunderstorm. I had gotten the idea to run away, well, have time alone in the forest when I was changing into different clothes.

I had dressed into a plain white dress and I ran while wearing that. The cold wasn't any problem with me as well; unlike humans, I can deal with summer and winter like it was an ordinary spring day. That's the reason why I didn't put on a jacket and why I wasn't complaining about the cold.

The sky lit up once again as another crack of lightning came, followed by another loud clap of thunder. Mud splashed as my feet hit the ground in a repeated motion. I ran faster as the rain got harder; but before I knew what was happening I crashed into someone. The collision sent both of us reeling back, landing on the ground.

I groaned as I rubbed my backside unconsciously. "Oww," I whined. I cracked open an eye and saw a guy sitting there, rubbing his head. He had black hair, some parts of it white and black clothes. I scrambled to my feet and stared down at him. I stood up and he looked up at me, his hand still on the side of his head. His eyes were yellow.

I calmed down; I didn't want to scare the guy. "What? Do I have something on my face?" he asked. He then reached to his face, but instead of getting anything off, he accidently smudged mud on it. I snorted and he looked at me, not noticing the mud.

"You got a little bit here." I said, motioning to my whole face.

"Huh?" he reached his hand up and touched his face with his clean hand. "Oh," he said as he pulled his hand back.

"Anyway, you shouldn't be in this forest." I stated.

"Why?" he looked up at me.

"Well... let's just say that there's... strange things that happen here; dangerous things." I tried explaining. He cracked a smile.

"Don't worry about me." He said, waving what I said off.

"You sure?" I asked, confusion and sorry coursing through me.

"I'll be fine. I'm meeting a friend of mine anyway; should be at his house soon." He explained.

"Oh, ok." I held out a hand to help him up and he took it. I pulled him up to his feet before continuing to speak. "You should hurry." He grinned.

"Don't worry, I will." He started to walk the way I had come before looking over his shoulder. "Bye! It was nice meeting you." I turned around to answer.

"And it was nice meeting you too." I called back, smiling. I then noticed something black on his back. Are they... wings? I couldn't tell now, he was too far away. I decided to ignore it and continue, but walked this time. The rain was starting to ease a bit. As I continued, I could see the edge of the forest. Did I really go out that far? I asked myself. I turned around to walk back, my mood calmed now, and started to walk.

But before I could go ten steps, something landed on the ground behind me, making a splash in the large puddles that had formed from the rain. My body stiffened. That couldn't be an animal. I turned slowly and hesitantly and what I saw made me back away, eyes wide, terrified. 'There's a being that you should always stay clear from. He's the ruler of the Underworld. Here's a picture of him. As you can see, he is mostly black with red mouths and eyes. His name is Zalgo.' Slendy's words echoed in my head. He had told me about him a couple of years.

"No," my voice was quiet and hard to hear. "No way."

"Yes way," he replied. Terrified tears stung my eye.

"No. Please. Go away." I begged.

"No can do," he replied.

"What do you want?!" I shouted, backing away. The one word he said terrified me the most.

"You," he answered, grinning. He then came at me and I screamed the loudest I've ever screamed in my entire life.

---

A knock on the sounded and Jeff answered it. He was surprised at who he saw and before he knew it, he was grinning. 'Yo!" he said happily.

"Hey," replied a man with black hair, some parts of it white, yellow eyes and black clothes. He too was grinning.

"How are ya, Yuki?" Jeff asked, motioning Yuki in. He then noticed that he was covered in mud and was drenched. Yuki walked in, wiping his shoes on the mat in front of the door before stepping in.

"I'm fine; though I would've gotten here sooner if I didn't have a run in, literally, with some girl." Yuki replied. Jeff was confused.

"'Some girl'?" he asked.

"Yeah." He then placed his hand to his chin in a thinking way. "She had black hair, blue eyes and was wearing a white dress."

"Huh, that kinda sounds like Eliz-" Jeff was cut off when Masky ran down the stairs and started yelling.

"Elizabeth is gone!" He exclaimed. Jeff looked at Masky and people came running out from the lounge room and, kitchen and up stairs

"What do you mean 'Elizabeth is gone'?" Slendy asked, voice serious.

"What I mean is, I went up to check on Elizabeth but she wasn't there." Masky explained. Everyone was talking, in a panic. Everyone is a family here and Elizabeth was part of that family. She grew up with them and if she's gone and we couldn't find her or worse, it would be like one of them just died. They may kill people but they all cared for each other, though sometimes they act like they don't.

"We have to look for her." EJ said, arms crossed. There was agreement from everyone.

"Let's go," Slendy said. Jeff looked to Yuki.

"Do you know where that girl went?" Jeff asked him. He nodded.

"The way I came; towards the edge of the forest." He said.

"Thanks," Jeff said. Everyone, including Yuki, ran out the door and started the search for Elizabeth.

---

Yuki in the media.