It Was Only A Kiss

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag  

idk why but the title seriously reminds me of Mr Brightside by The Killers. If you don't know the song, listen to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later, the cast list for the performance went up at the college. To their surprise, Johnnie and Logan were selected to play Jamie and Ste, the two leading roles. From the moment they found out who they were to be for their school production, the two young adults spent every day together, they met up before school, during their breaks, after school and every single weekend; rehearsing their lines until they knew them backwards, for they only had a mere 3 months before they were to perform for the winter production.

As the boys had to spend all the time together learning lines, Johnnie kept bailing on Amelia. Granted, she wasn't around that often, but whenever she was, Johnnie said he had work to do with Logan. He just said "Amelia, look, me and Logan really have to ace these lines before the big performance okay? I promise, once its over, me and you will spend every day together, like the old days, yeah?" To which  she replied with a sigh a sarcastic smile. Johnnie didn't realise how much this was impacting Amelia, because he was blinded by the drama production and his new best friend. 

One month into rehearsals, Logan told Johnnie that he was bisexual; for him, playing a gay character wasn't hard, as he could use his experience. "Don't be frightened, Johnnie, I won't try anything on with ya, I know you have a girlfriend, allegedly, and although I've never seen her, I don't want to jeopardise what you two have," then he gave Johnnie the hugest grin he had ever seen and pulled him into a hug, and the boys laughed and walked to their next period, which was chemistry. Chemistry can relate to many different things - relationships, chemicals, reactions. In Johnnies case, it was all of the above. He worked with a young woman names Belle, who had silky, blood red hair that reached all the way down her back, and she had Caribbean-ocean-colored eyes that seemed huge, thanks to her extensive eye makeup. She also always wore skimpy outfits, which included miniskirts with thigh high socks, high wasted shorts with dungarees to hoist them up even farther with a tight tee, or crop tops that showed 90% of her torso. She also flirted with Johnnie constantly, even though he told her on a trillion different occasions that he had a girlfriend. Another relationship, the one he had with Logan. They were best friends, even closer than that. And he was so charismatic; he was funny, he could talk to everyone and not have preferences. He flirted with the guys and the girls, and whenever he made eye contact with Johnnie, he would wink and smile the most dazzling smile anyone had ever seen. The chemicals and reactions are obvious, seeing as they were in a lab, but they made extraordinary things, and blew up elements and chemicals so much that the ceiling had turned charcoal black.

That day in chemistry, Belle was wearing next-to-nothing, with a crop top on that showed her entire stomach and way too much cleavage for college, and a mini pencil skirt, with suede heels on. Johnnie saw this, and realised that sitting next to her would do no good, so he asked Gavin (who was Logan's learning partner) to swap seats with him. Gavin almost immediately agreed, and sped over to Johnnies seat, where Belle and he flirted all lesson (eugh). Logan and Johnnie, however, worked through ever reaction they needed to, and laughed the entire way through, and once they had done, they went back to learning their lines, testing each other to see how good they were getting; a competition to see who had the best memory- who knew the other persons words the best. 

Three hours later and their day was finally over. Together, the young men cycled back to Johnnies apartment, and on the way they shouted out each others cue, seeing if they could reply with the correct line. When they got home, they rehearsed more and more, until almost 11 at night, when Logan left. Johnnie loved finally having someone who was there every single day, who enjoyed spending time with him.