Chapter Fifteen

Song to the side

Yael Naim- New Soul

I'm a young soul in this very strange world

Hoping I could learn a bit bout what is true and fake. 

But why all this hate?

Try to communicate

Finding trust and love is not always easy to make.  

Edit done by @Goodnyte

_________________________________

Chapter Fifteen

| Winnie |

            I caught Vikki again, the same place as last time, except this time something was off. She looked, I don't know... uncomfortable. From the way Calvin was cornering her and the way Vikki kept her hands on his chest, I kind of had an idea of what was going on. Although I couldn't be too sure, Vikki wasn't someone I was fond of or knew well. However, I had a feeling.

            Once again, that annoying conscience of mine remembered that he was technically dating Anna and the thought had me concerned for Vikki. Why, I have no clue, but it was there. Continuously circling in my thoughts and triggering my concern. It could be because I was involved with her older brother but it also could be because I knew what kind of pressure she could be under. It didn't matter, either way; I had to do something.

            Betrayal is one thing all on its own, but betray the wrong person, and there was no coming back from that. It could haunt you your whole life, guilting and hanging over you like a dark cloud. And if that person you're betraying happened to be Anna Baker, well, let's just say you were doomed. Not even if you happen to get over it somehow, she would follow you. It would always surround you, lingering over you. It gave her a pull of some sort and she loved when she had a pull over someone.

            I couldn't let that happen.

            "Calvin, I just don't think we can do this anymore. I know what I said before and you're right it isn't fair of me to tempt you like this, but this could get bad." She spoke with what seemed like fear in her voice. It shocked me because every time she talked to me I got that confident cocky tone. This was just straight fear and she was very unsure.

            "Aww, come on now, Vikki, we both know neither of us wants to stop." As he spoke, he began cornering her in between himself and the wall of lockers. "Come on, I thought you wanted to be with me? This is your chance she isn't around."

            Nope, she wasn't. In fact Anna would be at cheer practice where Vikki should be. He spoke with a sly grin and carried that irritating confident tone I hated. I slowly stepped quietly up to the wall they were in front of hiding, all I had to do was step to the right and they would see me. I hung there and waited, for what I'm not sure, but I waited.

            Vikki sighs and then through the reflection of the window on the side of me, I see her pull Calvin's hand away from her chest. He was always too touchy feely for me but I could control how far it went. It didn't look that way with her because all he did was smile and then his other hand made its way into her hair.

            "Don't be a prude, come on now, you said you wanted this. Here it is, take it." It was always his way or no way at all.

            I felt for her, her discomfort was clear on her face and it bothered me. You know that feeling you get when you don't want to be somewhere or do something? That feeling of absolute dread pouring out of your body? It was all in her eyes. Those too familiar brown eyes that looked very much like the ones I was always looking into.