Chapter Six

Song to the side

Birdy- Shelter

And I'll cross oceans like never before

So you can feel the way I feel it too

And I'll send images back at you

So you can see the way I feel it too  

Edit done by @Goodnyte 

_______________________________________

    Chapter Six

    | Dmitri |

It was about time for the library to close and as Winnie packed up, I couldn't help but go over everything in my head. She was right, it's all a bunch of drama, but if I could keep Vikki away from it then it was worth it to know. Vikki, she was too much to handle and obviously way in over her head. I knew reality would eventually set in, but I don't know when. I just had to make sure I was there to support her when it did.

We made our way outside, me following silently behind Winnie as we exited the library. As soon as we were outside I wasn't sure if I should say anything or just keep walking away. It turns out I didn't have to do anything as she was welcomed by a visitor.

"I've tried to call you all fucking day Winnie. What the hell's going on?" I slowed my pace as I walk down the rest of the stairs and away from the not so happy couple.

"I was busy obviously." Calvin huffs at her answer, and the two of them stand in one spot as I slow my pace even more to listen. Why? That's a mystery to even me.

"What do you want Calvin? I have to go and get Lilly," the irritation in Winnie's voice amused me, well for a short second. The moment I saw Ivansak roll his eyes in annoyance at the mention of the little girl, I found myself with even more dislike for him. If that were possible.

I had decided to stop at one of the picnic benches in the middle of the quad where the library was and pretended as if I was waiting for someone. I was still close enough to hear them, but had my back to them as if I wasn't paying attention at all. Not that I think they would have noticed me anyway.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, the kid. It's all about the kid. You know, I'm getting kind of tired of this routine Winnie. Sooner or later something's gotta give."

Winnie sighed tiredly and tried to sidestep Calvin, but he blocked her. Watching from the window on the library, I had placed my skateboard on the table and pretended to fidget with it. It was kind of odd, their relationship. From my perspective, it looked as though Calvin thought he was the king and everyone --including Winnie-- had to be at his command. It wasn't surprising, this was the way Ivansak was, everyone seemed to be on his time.

"What is that supposed to even mean?"

"What do you think it means, sweetheart? You think I have time to be waiting around on you and your bratty sister, and all the other shit going wrong in your life? I don't need this Winnie. You're either with me or you're not."

The words coming out of his mouth only seemed to anger her more, and myself for some reason. For someone who appeared to have it all, Winnie sure was unhappy it seemed.

"Are you serious right now, Calvin? You're going to stand here and act like you're God and give me this shit? What about you? What about all the talk everyone is saying around here, huh?"

"What the hell are you talking about, talk? What talk?"

"Oh, you know, that shit about you almost getting arrested at the party? The fact that Anna and all her little stupid friends keep looking and whispering at me about how I ditched you, and you were hurt, and all that other bullshit. What about that Calvin?"