Chapter Eight

So, I'm giving you guys a heads up. I don't know if you'll like how this chapter ends but I had to update it today, I feel bad for waiting so long for the last one >.< I also don't know when I'll be updating next because I'm suppose to be working on a 10 page essay right now but shh ;) So I'm gonna dedicate this chapter to The_Name_Unicorns because I really love their GaLe fanfic they have :) It's sooo good! Okay, so enjoy! (Hopefully)

Word Count - 3186

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. Gajeel

"Okay, thanks Gajeel. I'll see you in a bit." She said, leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

"So," Lily said. "You guys are going to head out at dark right?"

"Tch yeah, the shrimp thought it'd be the best time. I ain't gonna argue." I said.

"Oh, so now you're not going to argue." Lily said.

"Shut up," I mumbled.

"Gajeel,"

"Yeah?"

Lily frowned. "I know Levy will insist she's strong and she's fine, but she's just saying that because of you. Please, just watch out for her."

"Uh, of course. I was going to anyway." I said.

"I know, but something doesn't seem right. I feel like Levy's in danger."

I crossed my arms. "Tch, well of course she's in danger. We all are the longer we wait."

He looked at me with, a threatening look in his eyes. "I know that Gajeel. But something, something about this seems off. Just don't leave her side."

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I said, rubbing the back of my head with my hand.

Lily smiled. "Can I ask you something, without you punching me? And you have to answer honestly."

I glared at him. I was going to regret this, but I still felt a bit guilty for punching him. I'd never say it though. "Tch, just once."

"Do you honestly like Levy? I know I tease you all the time but I really feel like she likes you." he said.

I looked down at the floor. Did I like the shrimp? I mean, she was pretty amazing. She was really smart, and she had a stubborn side to her as well. I never thought I'd be friends with the person I, not so long ago, hung to a tree. Yet I was.

"I'll take your silence as a yes." Lily smiled.

"Hey that doesn't count! Let me answer at least!"

"Well then what's your answer?"

I shifted uncomfortably in a chair I pulled up to Lily bed. "Uh, I,"

Lily smiled. "I won't tell her."

I glared at him, then sighed. "Thanks, I guess."

"No problem."

I sat that for a bit, not knowing what to say.

"You know, you should go have a nap to." Lily said, breaking the silence.

"Tch, I don't need one." I huffed.

Lily nodded. "I thought you'd say that. I'm gonna have one myself though, so can you leave?"

"I guess I have to," I said standing up. "We'll come back here and get you after we're done."

"Good luck." he said.