Chapter Four

So, yay! Chapter four! I'm gonna dedicate this chapter to @truth000 because, just, wow. They are an a-m-a-z-i-n-g writer! I'd suggest to either start with 'Let the Rain Fall' or 'Learning to Love'. I may or may not have slightly shed a couple tears reading both of them. So, enjoy! :)

Word Count - 1721

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. Gajeel

"See? Problem solved, now go to sleep." I said closing my eyes. What was I doing? I didn't even know myself.

This wasn't like me at all. I feel like if it were anyone else that I would've took the blanket for myself. So why am I sharing with her?

Still thinking to myself about it, I felt a pair of really small hands and a head press against my chest. I tried not to open my eyes to look but it was hard not to. What was she doing?

I felt how tense she was at first, but then she slowly started to get more comfortable. She must've thought I was asleep or something. Soon enough, I knew she was asleep because she stopped moving around and she felt relaxed.

I opened my eyes to see the shrimp curled up against my chest, resting her head on her hands and he hands on my chest. It was hard to tell in the dark, but the fire helped me see her face. She was smiling for some reason, and I couldn't tell for sure or not but it looked like she was blushing.

I felt myself smile. She kind of looked cute, all curled up and sleeping. She was just so small and looked so weak. But I knew she was tuff on the inside. That's one of the reason I didn't mind having her come along with Lily and me. She wasn't so bad.

Without knowing what I was doing, I put my left arm around her shoulders. Immediately I just realized what I did and tried to take my arm back. I sure as hell didn't want the shrimp to wake up and find my arm around her or worse, Lily might wake up and see.

I started to pull my arm back when she started to readjusted in her sleep so I couldn't move my arm without waking her up. I definitely didn't want to do that.

Just great, I thought. What was I thinking? I guess I wasn't.

I sighed and decided it was the best for me to just leave my arm there and take the chance. I leaned my head down a little bit so it was resting on hers. You know, it was the most comfortable position. It wasn't anything more then that.

It's only because you can't get comfortable, stoping thinking about it and just get to sleep, I thought to myself.

After a few minutes I realized how nice it felt, just laying here. My eyes started to get heavier. Forgetting about Lily, and when everyone woke up in the morning, I fell asleep.

--

I woke up to Lily putting out the fire, which made a lot of the burned sticks crack and break. It was still dark out, but I could still see enough to start walking again.

I rubbed my eyes with my hand and groaned. I was about to raise my arms in the air to stretch like I always do when I remembered my left arm was still around Levy, who thankfully was still sleeping.

I sighed. I'm just glad I woke up before her, I didn't want her to wake up to find an arm around her. Especially my arm.

I heard chuckling and looked over towards where the fire was once burning.

Lily was looking at me with a grin on his face. He pointed towards my arm that was around the shrimp.

"So, uh, can I ask what happened here? Or are you gonna punch me again?" the Exceed grinned evilly knowing I can't do anything to him without waking Levy up.