Chapter Two

So, this next chapter is going to be in Gajeel's Point of View. Um, I feel more comfortable writing from Levys because I can relate to her more but, hopefully I got his character close to right :P Oh, and I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @chello_8893 because they're kind of the reason I started getting into Fairy Tail fan fictions so much! And if you haven't checked out their work I highly recommended you do, it's amazing! So, enjoy! :)

Word count - 1667

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. Gajeel

Lily and I entered the guild, coming back from completing another job. It was actually nice to come into the guild without having to deal with Salamander. Tch. For once I can actually get some jobs done.

There wasn't many people left in the guild. I saw Juvia talking to Reedus for some reason. Probably something about that stripper. I don't know how he hasn't caught on to her yet. Everyone knows except for him.

Wendy was over away from everyone else with that other little kid, what was his name, oh yeah Romeo. They were talking it up over there with Carla standing like a babysitter next to them, of course. She never leaves Wendy's side.

Then there was Mira, Cana and Levy at the bar. Cana looked like she passed out from drinking to much, that's a first. Mira and the shrimp were talking to each other about something. I can't see her face, but the shrimp looked mad at Mira. Mira just stood behind the counter with a smile. I wonder what they're talking about.

I walked over to the request board, Lily following behind me. There was only a few jobs left pinned up. Usually we have a lot but everyone has been taking a lot of jobs lately so there hasn't been to much of a choice.

There was about five on the board but one caught my eye, more importantly, the price caught my eye. Two hundred thousand jewels just for retrieving an artifact? Sounds like a piece of cake.

"Hey Lily, look at the price on this one." I said handing him the paper.

"Hmm, it does pay well but," he said, thinking.

"But what?" I asked him quite annoyed. It was such and easy task for something that price.

"It's highly recommended that someone who is good with script magic take the job. They suspect there to be traps. Honestly Gajeel did you even read it? Or did you just see the price?" Lily asked waving the paper around in the air smirking.

"Of course I read it!" I yelled at him.

Unfazed, he smiled. "Well we can ask Levy if she'd like the come along. She's quite good with that type of magic of course and she's been telling me she needs to go on a job soon."

Lily absolutely loves Levy. She always brings him a kiwi to the guild everyday. As much time as Lily spends with her, I don't really talk to her much. I don't exactly have a reason to. She probably hates me anyway.

"We don't need her to come along. I can complete this job all by myself." I growled at him.

"You know, it's not bad to admit you need help sometimes." Lily said.

"Tch." I turned away from him so he wouldn't see my face and looked at the request.

The thought of taking her with us made me feel, uncomfortable kind of. I don't know. Normally I wouldn't mind if some girl went on a job with me, hell I wouldn't care at all really. But there's something about her I just don't get. She's so short and small and yet she's one of the strongest, in determination, and most stubborn people I know. Just the thought of going on a job together with almost just the two of us alone made me feel, weird.