Chapter 9: Lies Are For The Better

* Ray P.O.V *

What's wrong with me? I know exactly what's wrong with me. I'm completely insane. Yup. Thaat sounds about right. Our lips stayed connected for awhile, intensifying gradually after every second.

If you asked me if I felt anything, I would say yes. Hormones, right? What teenage guy doesn't feel anything when they kiss a girl? I mean, I don't feel much with Johnna, but thats because Im losing feelings for her and growing all the feelings I had for Nique before.

I was completely focused on the kiss. No more time for thinking. Her body was slightly on mine, and her hands were caressing my face. My tounge traced the bottom of her lips before she allowed access into her mouth. I let my tounge slightly play around the edges of her mouth, before exploring her all-too-familiar mouth.

We both pulled back to gasp for air, leaving my lips hungry for more. I was about to smash my lips back onto her, but she suddenly rolled over, leaving me confused. She was no longer facing me, and she was all the way on the other side of the bed. "Nique?", I called out to her softly. No response. "Nique?", I said again, a bit louder. No response. God dammit. "Nique!?", I practically shouted at her.

She quickly flipped over, with an annoyed scowl apparent on her face even in the dark. Whoa. Mood swings. "Don't talk so loud!", she hissed at me. I softened my voice at her request.

"What's going on? What's wrong with you?", I asked with confusion thick upon my words and face. Probably not the best word choice. She rolled her eyes at me before starting to turn around again, but I stopped her by pulling back forcefully on her shoulder.

"Stop, Ray! Leave me alone!", she snapped.

"Just turn around!", I exasperated.

I finally succesfully got her to turn around, but she didn't look very happy about it. Are we really doing this again? "What the hell is going on, Niquw? Are we still doing this? Are we still going to be pissed at each other? 'Cause I really don't want to be. What's wrong?", I shot question after question, making her looking baffled as she thought each one over.

After a few seconds of renewed silence, Nique started talking once again. "Ray....I don't hate you. I already said that. I can never possibly ever hate you. It just isn't possible. Never Say Never does not apply to that. But, are we being serious here?", she asked while looking straight into my eyes, leaving my baffled this time. What does she mean? We can't kiss? What's so bad about that?

"I have no idea what you're talking about. What's so bad about us kissing? Its just harmful little kisses here and there so why not? It's not like we haven't gone farther before.", I pointed out to her. I didn't have to see her face to know that she has turned a bright shade of red. She gets self-conscious, I suppose.

"Are you hearing yourself right now? You havw a girlfriend! G-I-R-L-F-R-I-E-N-D! She doesnt like me right now and Im defiantly not bout to add more pressure on my plate. Hell no!,.", her perfect pink lips formed each word sweetly, her jaw clenched in and out of place as she talked, and her warm voice flowed through me as her lips took the shape of my name...wait, what? I mean...umm....she said. Heh. Before I even slipped out of my daze, she was already turned around.

I sighed heavily and said, "I know its wrong. What the hell am I thinking? I just-nevermind." I heard her also sigh, but she didn't move a muscle.

"Let's talk in the morning, Ray.", she stated bluntly.

"I'm not going to be able to sleep though.", I whined at her.

"Goodnight, Ray."

* Nique P. O. V. *