Chapter 3: Drunken Flirtation

* NIQUE P.O.V. *

"What are you doing?!"

I squinted my eyes harder to try to get a better look at him, but I failed. I was smiling like a doofus as I let out a loud cackle while throwing back my head. I looked back at him with a sly grin. "Drinking. Having fun. Like you're supposed to do at clubs.", I slurred.

I grabbed one of the shot glasses off of the counter and held it out towards him. "Have a drink.", I demanded him. He looked at me like I was an idiot since I was handing him an empty glass. I furrowed my eyebrows, studying the glass.

I turned back around and shouted, "Hey! Another shot!", to the bartender. He came immediately and slid the filled shot glass towards me, making a bit of the contents splatter onto the countertop.

I grabbed the glass off the table, and before I could reach it out for Ray, he stopped me by saying, "No. I don't want to drink. And you shouldn't be either. This is much horrible than last time you got drunk". I frowned at me as I placed the glass back on the counter. It all came back to me.

"Nique, what happened in there..." he paused, suddenly feeling sober. "It wasnt like that. It didn't mean anything."

"Then why'd you do it?" She asked, confusion hinting in her facial features.

"Because you're sexy." Ray replied, clearly without thinking.

Zonnique glared at him. "Typical. You're just like Zoey!" Her words came out slurred.

"Zoey?" Ray questioned. "What does he have to do with anything?"

"Nothing." She quickly replied. "I don't want you to touch me ever again."

"Zonnique, don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?" He tried to reason with her.

"Hell no!" She snapped.

I got angry just thinking about Zoey again after all the shit he put me through. "Then go back to Johnna.", I slurred/yelled while shooing him away. He gave me a disapproving look. Lucas suddenly leaned back from my other side so Ray could see him better.

"Yeah. Can't you see we're trying to have some fun?", he said, trying to make him leave.

Ray slightly scowled at Lucas. Right then I knew that he and Lucas would never be friends. Never say never though, right? Ehh....maybe not in this case.

Ray merely shook his head before looking back at me again. "Come on, Nique. We should go now.", Ray said with a concerned look while holding out his hand for me to take. I stared at his hand without budging one bit. "Zonnique. Come on.", he pleaded while taking a step closer.

"Can't you see that she doesn't want to go with you?", Lucas said impatiently. I turned around to stare at him. Confused as to what I should do. I looked back at Ray just in time to see him roll his eyes in annoyance. Since my brain wasn't entirely working, I reached out the shot glass towards Ray again.

He stepped forward to where he was standing right in front of me, and Lucas groaned in impatience, but Ray and I both ignored him.

"If I take this, will you come with me?", Ray asked me while staring at the glass in my hand. When he looked back up at me, I grinned slightly and nodded.

He gently took the small glass from my hand and pulled back his head, quickly draining the alcohol into his open mouth. He puckered up his face from the strongness of the shot and shook his head. He rapidly blinked his eyes and set the glass back on the table. "Alright. Let's go.", he said while holding out his hand again.