I walked up the stairs into the kitchen and started the popcorn in the microwave when I heard the door bell ring. As I walked through the hallway and into the foyer I wondered who it could be. Was it a delivery? I know it wasn’t Selena because she working and would have called saying she was leaving early. Anyways Kaylie was spending the night—like usual.

I got to the front door and cracked it open, leaving my jaw to the floor.

“Are you gonna let me in or?” His voice spoke and all I wanted to do was throw a brick at his face.

“What the hell are you doing here John? How did you even know where Justin lived?” I snapped ignoring his question.

“Aw, babe why you gotta treat me like that?”

“Don’t call me babe.” I gritted through my teeth.

“Are you here alone? Because I know Justin is at work.”

“No, I’m not here alone. Justin’s daughter is here.” I defended crossing my arms.

“For the last time, we all know that baby in your stomach isn’t Justin’s, and plus she is unborn so she doesn’t count.” John argued. But before I could open my mouth and argue back, Kaylie interrupted.

“Sasha?” She said coming out from behind me.

Oh crap, how much did she hear?

“Go back downstairs Kaylie; I’ll be there in a minute.” I said.

“But who’s the man?” She asked. Gosh this is why I don’t want a kid, they’re so noisy.

“Just some stalker, who needs to mind his own damn business.” I snickered looking John dead in his eyes.

“Who’s this little girl?” John asked stepping closer to Kaylie, who was now standing beside me in the doorway.

“I told you, Justin’s daughter.” I snapped, “And don’t get any closer to her.” I stated, a very unusual protective side of me coming out. Is this how it feels to be a ‘momma bear’?

“I didn’t know Justin had another daughter.” John smirked. “Lemme guess he cheated on you while you were cheating on hi—“

“Shut up John. For your information she’s from Justin’s ex. His ex got pregnant and didn’t tell him. He’s just now finding out about her.”

I was careful to what information I was telling him. Knowing John, he would figure out a way to find Selena.

“You know what; you should just go, before I call the cops.” I added.

“Whatever, I’ll leave when you give me my money.” He smiled devilishly.

I shook my head no. “John I already gave you your money. We made I deal, if I pay you, you leave me and the baby alone.”

“Oh but I need more.” He smirked,

“Oh too bad.” I said then I pulled Kaylie inside with me and slammed the door in John’s face.

“Sasha who was that?” Kaylie asked and I scrunched down to her level.

“Like I said Kaylie, no one; he’s just a bad, bad man.”

“Why did he say he was the daddy of my little brother or sister?”

“Kaylie, just know there are bad people out there, that will try to ruin your life. That man is one of them.”

Kaylie seemed to be a little confused, but stayed silent and nodded her head in understanding.

“Are you gonna tell my daddy about the bad man?”

“No I’m not, and I would like it if you didn’t tell him either.” I said hopeful.

“Like a secret?” Kaylie asked and I nodded my head.

“Yes, like a secret.”

“Mommy says it’s not nice to lie.”

“I’m pretty sure your mommy has lied about plenty of things.”

Justin’s POV:

“Sasha! Kaylie!” I yelled through my quiet home. “I’m home!”

Soon I heard tiny patters of feet running my way. My daughter greeted me with her arms out wide.

“Hi daddy.” She smiled hugging my neck.

“Hi princess.” I smiled. “Where’s Sasha?”

“Cleaning up the basement.

“Why? Did a party happen down there?” I chuckled.

“YEP! A princess party!” Kaylie squealed.

I chuckled shaking my head and walked into the kitchen with Kaylie on my hip seeing Sasha throwing away some things.

“How did the princess party go?” I asked and I startled Sasha and she turned around smiling.

“You scared the crap out of me Justin!” She laughed. “But it went fine. We had nice—but healthy snacks. I couldn’t clean throw-up after a child.”

I laughed and put down Kaylie walking closer to Sasha.

“You know babe, when we have our kid, that’s all he or she is going to do. Throw up and poop.”

“Not my child. My baby is not going to throw up or poop once.” Sasha joked, and both Kaylie and I laughed.

+

After dinner, Sasha, Kaylie and I all laid out on the couch down in the basement, watching ‘Frozen’ on the big screen t.v.

Now that it was over, I looked at the time seeing it was only 7 p.m.

“Daddy?” Kaylie said causing me to turn my attention away from the t.v.

“What is it Kaylie?” I asked.

“What’s a cheater?” She asked. I was confused on why she would ask me this, and I looked up at Sasha seeing her eyes wide, but she looked at me and shrugged her shoulders.

“Honey what are you talking about?” I asked and Kaylie just shrugged her shoulders.

“I was just asking. I watched a movie and this girl cheated on her boyfriend and the girl was pregnant but it wasn’t her boyfriend’s baby, it was the other dude.” Kaylie said, and I was in complete utter shock.

Selena let Kaylie watch a movie that?

“Did you know that happens in real life?” Kaylie said a smile tugging on her lips. “It could happen to anyone. A friend, a family member, you…” She trailed off.

“Kay—“I began but was interrupted by Sasha.

“Kaylie how about we go upstairs and—go make cookies?” Sasha said quickly. “C’mon.” And with that Sasha stood up and both she and Kaylie walked upstairs and out of the basement.

I was still in shock to what made Kaylie said that. Anyway why would Selena let Kaylie watch a movie like that?

Maybe she wouldn’t?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a loud “ow” coming from the kitchen causing me to dash up the basement stairs and into the kitchen.

“WHAT IS GOING ON?” 

Begin Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें