Chapter 22

sorry again for another short chapter; i swear i hate short chapters. anyways i dunno if i'll be able to post chapter 23 tonight or tomorrow--idk yet so don't hate me!

Chapter 22:

Justin’s POV:

She was awake. Selena was awake and smiling.

“Hey.” I croaked out.

“Hi.” She smiled, but it soon faded.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I know who you are; I just can’t remember your name.” She said scrunching her nose up and I chuckled at her cuteness.

“The doctor said you might have a little brain loss right when you wake up. Just don’t push it and it’ll come back naturally.” I smiled.

Selena made an ‘o’ shape with her mouth then turned to face me again. “Well, are you gonna tell me your name, or do I have to wait until my brain starts working again?” She chuckled, and I smiled. Hearing her chuckle was like music to my ears.

“Justin.” I said and she turned her head away from me and started making faces.

“Oh yeah, now I remember you. We used to date, and we have a daughter together.” She smiled then frowned again. “And you have a girlfriend.”

“Actually Selena, I—“I began but was cut off by the doctor and a nurse coming into the room.

“Oh, Miss Gomez you’re finally awake!” The doctor exclaimed.

The nurse went over to Selena’s left side and placed a tray beside her with some food and a cup of water, and another with sprite.

“How long has she been awake?” The doctor asked me.

“Not long; just a little over 2 minutes. She woke up knowing who I was, just not remembering my name. But it seems like her brain is working right again.” I smiled.

“That’s good to hear.” He said to me and then to Selena. “Are you feeling a little dizzy?”

“Just a bit.” Selena answered. “What happened?”

“You were in a really bad car accident Selena. You’ve been out of it for a few days now. We actually weren’t expecting for you to wake up for at least another week, but it seems like you made a better recovery than we thought.” The doctor answered.

“I think I remember that. I was driving my car away from something—or someone, I can’t remember, and then I remembered I saw a deer in the road and I didn’t wanna hit it and I ran off the road and lost control.” Selena said rubbing her head. “And I remember I—I jumped in the back seat,” Selena began calmly but started to get a little panic, “oh my God Kaylie, where’s my daughter? Is she okay? Please tell me she’s alive.” Selena said in panic mode as she sat up and tears started forming in her eyes.

“Selena babe calm down.” I said holding her shoulder.

“Selena, your daughter Kaylie is absolutely fine. Your body covered her, saving her from a really bad impact.” The doctor said and Selena let a breath out she was holding.

“When—when can I see her?” Selena asked.

“She’s with your parents. I’ll go give them a call and let them know you’re awake and tell them to bring Kaylie up.” I said and Selena nodded her head. I kissed her forehead before walking off into the hallway to call Mandy.