Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Justin’s POV:

After Selena and Kaylie left, Sasha for some reason felt—clingy.

Like as soon as they left, she was begging me to have sex with her.

Yeah you heard me right.

Begging.

And me being a guy?

I’m not gonna ignore it.

“Justin.” Sasha said. I looked down at her because her head was lying on my bare chest.

“What babe?” I asked beginning to play with her hair.

“Kaylie sort of looks like you.” She said causing me to laugh.

“That’s funny, because a woman at Basket Robins said the exact same thing when I went to take Kaylie out to ice cream.” I chuckled.

“I’m serious Justin.” Sasha said sitting up holding the sheets tight to her chest.

I sat up a little so my back was resting against the headboard. I looked at Sasha weirdly wondering where she was heading with this conversation.

“I mean, you both have the same hair color, both have the same eye color, ya’ll even have the same nose, and both of your smiles match.” Sasha began and she ran a hand through her hair which was sticking up all over the place.

“Sasha—“I began so confused.

“Justin, did Kaylie tell you anything about her father?”

“Not really. All she said was Selena really doesn’t talk about him. She knows she gets her smarts from him, and when she’s lying she can’t look people in the eye, just like her father.” I said.

“Oh my gosh, Justin you’re so stupid.” Sasha said under her breath. She got out of bed putting on some night clothes.

“What—“

“Would you wake up?” Sasha snapped catching me off guard. “Kaylie is your damn daughter! Justin when you lie you can’t look people in the eyes either, and you’re smart as hell—except for right now of course!” Sasha continued. She caught my full attention now.

“Kaylie said she was four. It’s been four years since you and Selena ended. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Selena ended up pregnant by you and never told you? The reason that she cut off all connection with you was because she couldn’t face to see you happy and she had to be miserable taking care of a baby at a young age?”

“That’s impossible, Selena and I used protection all the times we had sex.” I said quickly to defend.

“Are you sure about that Justin?” Sasha asked. “Think, please just think hard.”

And I did. Then I remembered. That night—my 18th birthday. How I remembered that, I don’t even know, but I did.

I gulped. No, no, no. This can’t be right. I’m not a father. Am I? But Sasha was making perfectly sense now which is scaring me.

“How are you figuring this entire thing out?” I asked her.

“Well I had a hint about it when you came and told me how Selena “dated” around and guys left her when they noted she had a kid. And her longest relationship was like—what—two years?” Sasha said.