According to Paul, the reason why Alexa wasn't invited was because they were going to be gone over Christmas and he knew Camila wouldn't let him have her. However, Camila knew that was complete bullshit. They had already established holidays back in August.

Whichever parent didn't have Alexa for Christmas would instead have her for New Years. As much as Camila wanted every Christmas with Alexa, she knew that was impossible. She especially wanted her daughter to get to spend the holiday with her baby brother since their usual Christmas traditions were being interrupted this year.

The real reason as to why Alexa wasn't invited was because in Rose's eyes, Alexa wasn't her granddaughter. She heavily believed Camila lied about her son fathering a child at fourteen and that the baby belonged to a different man even though Alexa looks exactly like her father

"How is Alexa handling the whole situation? It has to be hard on her knowing her baby brother gets to go and he can't even take more than five steps without toppling over. He walks worse than a penguin."

"She hasn't spoken much about it or showed any signs of being affected by it. Every time I try to talk about it, she brings you up instead and the Disney trip you promised her back in June."

"She still remembers that? I was hoping her little brain would forget all about that."

"She remembers a lot more than most expect her too."

"That's great. Now I'm going to be the asshole that ruins her day. Good job Lauren," Lauren smiled sarcastically.

"Stop, you're not going to ruin her day," Camila assured as she removed one of her hands from the steering wheel and place it on top of Lauren's silky hand still pressed up against her jeans. "She is going to go ballistic when I pick her up tonight. She still thinks you'll be gone for another few days."

"She'll be excited until I tell her no Disney."

"Lauren, we're not about to play this game."

"Do you know how hard it's going to be to break the news to her? She'll start doing that cheek thing and then add in the giant eye things and then tears will start spilling out. I can't stand when you to do that. It's like my kryptonite."

"Instead we'll have fun, quality time at home celebrating the holidays and watching a million Christmas movies. We won't have to worry about waiting in any lines or rushing to get to our reservations. I rather spend our first Christmas at home anyways. We can create a bunch of new traditions since both our families are abandoning us for topical islands and relatives in the snowy mountain."

"Can we make those peanut butter cookies you've been talking about nonstop?"

"Yes, I can't wait," Camila replied, rolling her brown eyes back in pleasure.

The cookies were her grandmother's signature Christmas dish. It was a specialty her grandmother only made around Christmas time. It wasn't till recently when she finally laid hands on the secret recipe that made her mouth water and tingle. She wasn't the greatest baker, but she saw this as a fun opportunity to relive old traditions she did growing up with Alexa. She also knew that if all else failed her grandmother's house was only two miles away and it was stocked with her favorite cookie.

"I'm honestly just excited I get to spend my Christmas with someone I love. Every year all the couples in my family stand in front of the Christmas tree and get their picture taken. And every year I'd be the lonely sad creature taking the picture because I had no one to stand with. Even my younger siblings have done those type of pictures and Taylor is just entering high school."

"I liked when you were the camerawoman. It gave me the opportunity to discreetly stare at your butt."

"You did what now?" Lauren perked up as a smirk grew on her face.