Lifeline

(Hey I just wanted to say that this us suppose to be a good part in the book but I'm making this whole book crappy and shitty and junk. So I'm super sorry.)

I knocked on the wooden door to the small apartment that I knew as my brothers lavatory. I waited for an as were but nothing. I slammed my fist on the wooden door one more time waiting for an answer but all that came was a faint mumble sound.

"Cole its Scarlet!" I yelled hoping he would open the door and I was right. He quickly opened the for and pulled me inside his house.

"What the hell, Scarlet! You can't just wonder around this part of town and not expect to be raped or mugged!" I stared at his eyes terrified and a little happy he answered instead of his roommate that is always high.

"Sorry." I mumble back before he pulls me into a tight squeeze.

"Its okay, but now we are talking about this time your here." I nodded my head so he knew I understood. He took me to his couch and sat me down while sitting across from me.

"You now I need to know. Scarlet I could get arrested." I stared at my shoes.

"I know Cole. I just can't take this running any more. You paying for my school, me sleeping were ever I can. I just can't take it." I said tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.
"Scarlet you've been strong for years. What's different about now? I have a steady job I keep paying my rent, for your school. Hell Scarlet! We made a deal! I pay for your school you keep going everyday, and not get into trouble! We made a deal!" This surprised me. My brother and I would rarely fight, but when we did we fought like my mom and I would. I t brought back horrible memories.

"I'm sorry. I'm fucking sorry Cole! I just wanted to see you," It was true I haven't seen him in 6 months, "Reality is finally hitting me, and it feels like a bitch."

Settling down now Cole sat down shaking his head,"Reality had to hit you now. Worst fucking timing!" He yelled at the floor while I just stared.

"Why is now a bad time?" My brother didn't just say stuff that wasn't true.

"The police are checking my apartment every night. There haven't came over yet, so they could come any second now," right after he finished there was a knock on the door.

My eyes widen in horror. So did Coles.

Cole slowly motioned me to go though the back. I grabbed my bag and scurried into the kitchen were the back door is. While I Hurry though the door I hear the front door open.

Closing the gate I get a feeling someone is watching me.